The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jonas

1. J

New book for download

Very generous and very well done! Thanks a lot! /Jonas
  2. J

Fun with the RX-1R II

I'm still with the RX1, and have been so for nearly three years now. The bokeh is not news Vivek... some other improvements are news indeed. I wish I had the money to upgrade and the images in this thread, together with the written words, make me think it's a matter of time. Maybe I can sell...
  3. J

New Sony lens mockups. No thanks.

Lol. Vivek, why not look at what's there instead of ignoring it? No smiley. Maybe you noted I edited my last reply a little. See you later.
  4. J

...and then we can agree that it is not about the sensor size, right? Can we also agree that everybody involved in the discussions are a) saying the can see things they wish weren't there, and b) that it is too early to say anything for sure. In fact, we were much more humble than you when you...
  5. J

1) It is not about the sensor size Vivek. The discussion was about possible optical vignetting (aka artificial vignetting) in effect making the effective aperture value... read my reply above again. We know the problem from the Canon EF50/1.0 for example. 2) I was talking about internal...
  6. J

The sensor size if no interest here Vivek. As I said it's too early for a final verdict. But, there was a relevant discussion on the topic and it was about nothing but the stack of glass on top of the sensor and the optical result from that. I don't know what you mean with "mess up" but the A7...
  7. J

Hi Mike, Sorry for the late reply. Not really. Ron, poster over at FMForums, posted images you can find here. At some other place, forgot exactly where, we had a discussion about the background OOF rendering. It, initially, seems as the focus plane bends towards infinity at the corners and...
  8. J

The Leica lens also suffers from bad focus shift and a bad zone B dip (35 Lux-M ASPH non-FLE). They fixed the focus shift (current 35 Lux-M ASPH FLE) but instead introduced eye-scaring bokeh while keeping the zone B dip. Now we have an M-mount Zeiss Distagon 35/1.4 for about [currency] 2.000...
  9. J

A9: coming soon to you ...

Provocative. But true. Or partly true at least. Cameras with electronic viewfinders made it possible for me to continue taking images at all. You seem to need a top quality FF camera for what you do. I see no reason to post sarcastic messages about people dreaming on - for whatever reason they...
  10. J

A9: coming soon to you ...

That's what I did several months ago. Not for the trolls (are there any, and are they frequent?) but because forums divided into different brand sections seem to be less rewarding than forums discussing gear and images in general. Normally I don't read about speculations and rumour threads but...
  11. J

APO Summicron 75/2 (for Sony FE mount)

Hi Sergio, ...and thank you. I have a good copy of the Elmarit 60/2.8. For a non-APO lens it is very good, perhaps the most APO-like non-APO I've tried. But it is heavy (500+ grams with adapter), slow and a bit large with the adapter. I would like something longer, smaller, faster, smoother...
  12. J

Oh, for flat targets as described above I can stop down to f/2.8 or f/4, no problems. I just need to know they are critically sharp from border to border, or better yet, from corner to corner. I can however not afford a buy and try experiment. Thank you for the work and replies!
  13. J

Aber Vivek, the Otus is 1200 grams and bigger than my d--k. I certainly hope my "flatness worries" are imaginary only. Cheers!
  14. J

Hi Matt, Yes, Leica publishes results for 5, 10, 20 and 40 lp/mm and I understand your plots shows the result as lp/mm at MTF50, no? The big question for me is if I can take a sharp image of a plane target (art, graffiti, a building). I'm worried about Leica field curvature since my Summilux-M...
  15. J

Hi Matt, Here is the MTF from the Leica "Technical Data" -brochure: The Leica MTF is calculated and at infinity. The Lenstip review shows data similar to yours (and they used an M9). So, I wonder what's up? Do we see the result from field curvature at short distances? (I don't have Erwin's...