The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by kevin2i

1. K

Got my Sony A7rII - sharing experience

Too many tabs open ! Too late to edit. Correct thread: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/56130-where-does-800-lb-gorilla-sit-room-no-mirrors-4.html
  2. K

Got my Sony A7rII - sharing experience

Interesting read, lots of good input, and well, a few . . .:loco: However, I read oversimplification, such as "Innovate or Die". Even Kodak is brought up as an example. But . . . Kodak invented the digital camera. Sold the first DSLR. Kodak jumped big into digital imaging (everywhere)...
  3. K

If anyone in USA is looking for A7R II in stock...

>OFF TOPIC< Was not aware of the Piker-alpha boot loader - looks easier than the original modification. 10.7 has been great until now. (Don't need IOS stuff on my MP!). I noticed some great deals on Mac Pros on 'the big auction site' - I might upgrade to a newer 8 or 12 core box. Some of...
  4. K

Mac Pro 2,1 Apple says no.:scry:
  5. K

I have one in stock! :D I didn't realize LR 6 and (and Sony Capture Pro/Capture One) require OSX 10.8 or higher. I'm not ready to buy a newer Mac Pro - so I just listed my open box A7rII body in the buy/sell forum. Let you guys have a chance before I return it to B&H Kevin.
  6. K

SONY A7r II NEW Open Box Alpha 7r II 42MP

Just received my A7rII - took a dozen shots and could not download to LR5, need to upgrade to LR 6. Lightroom 6 requires OSX 10.8 - my aging (but fast) 8-core Mac Pro can't upgrade past 10.7. :mad: Rather than return this for a full refund - perhaps someone doesn't want to wait (Amazon lists...
  7. K

5D Mark lll refurb's?

I just bought one (15% off a few weeks ago) - for $2500 shipped (including tax) it was hard to pass up. It does come in a 'refurb'box, but besides that it looks new. It appears mine came with a new LCD screen, and impossible to tell from a 'new' camera except for the dot on the serial number...
  8. K

Summilux 50mm ASPH damaged or normal?

Thanks for the picture - I did look at my 24/2.8 asph and it was quite a bit smoother than my first post of the 50/1.4 Amazing such a precision mechanism (the rangefinder) is controlled by such a rough surface. Not much room for error at f1.4 I took a look at a few more lenses -- both the f/1...
  9. K

Summilux 50mm ASPH damaged or normal?

I found a 50mm/1.4 asph on one of those auction sites, but this looks like it has been mangled with a file: Can someone post a picture of their 50mm focus ramp, or verify this is normal? Thanks!
  10. K

Why not all R lenses supported with new M?

Because the rear element hits the mirror :bugeyes:
  11. K

Positive Feedback

:)Purchased from Steve Kornreich - Kuau in june/11 http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/27431-sold-leica-m9-steel-grey-accessories.html Deposited funds directly to bank, fast ship, exactly as described http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Kevin H/kevin2i
  12. K

SOLD: Leica M9 Steel Grey and accessories

Hey Steve, thanks again -- I know it has been some time since the transaction, but I'm adding a positive feedback (please do the same)
  13. K

Nex-7 - M9 comparision

I do give credit to Sony for innovation, it just doesn't compete with an M9 or 5d II in terms of output or handling. The Nex does beat the M9 at ISO 6400, video and macro . . . ;)
  14. K

Nex-7 - M9 comparision

Not a scientific test ;), just a few shots comparing noise of an M9 and Nex-7. Both with 35mm Summicron. Both images are 100% I did a little step-back zooming with the Nex, however image sizes are not identical. Downsizing the Nex image to 18MP does clean up the noise significantly. I was a...
  15. K

Kodak sells ISS

Leica, Hasselblad and Pentax. Really don't like the wording of the press release, or the sound of 'Platinum Equity'. "Kodak has previously communicated that it would sell assets that are not central to its transformation to a profitable, sustainable digital company. This sale is aligned with...