The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by les

1. L

Fun with the Zuiko 40-150 f2.8

Jono, An off topic question, I'm completely ignorant on dog breeds, so what are your cute twosome? Have enjoyed your recent reviews - hope these dreich days you've been having pass soon.... regards
  2. L

Olympus Capture now available

Guess I have to assume that it won't be compatible with an 'old' camera like the EM5? Oh, for the expansive Fuji approach to updates......
  3. L

Olympus E-M5 firmware updates - question

After all this time 'I hae ma doots'' that we'll see a firmware update that will bring focus peaking. There have been appeals for this for a long time now - so how about it Oly? give us a Fathers Day surprise announcing that it's on the way. Ever the optimist.....
  4. L

Olympus - undocumented features - OM series

There's an interesting article from Pekka Potka on the EM10 Live Composite - Another Hidden Gem you might find intriguing. Even as a mere EM5 owner I thought it was kinda cool, but yet surprisingly (or not) here is 'a feature' apparently undocumented by Oly. It suggests to me that they are as...
  5. L

Hello Olympus

I'd hope that it might dawn on the company that a digital camera is in part a computer and that while hardware updates are not expected, software updates are quite common today. There is not a day passes when the Apps in my Nexus Tablet don't automatically receive several updates. Only a year...
  6. L

Hello Olympus

Have you noticed that Fuji have launched a firmware update for one of their cameras? It's not for one of the latest models, it's for a slightly older one, you know, kind of like the EM-5. You could do that sort of thing too, it wouldn't do brand loyalty any harm. Just sayin,
  7. L

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Nice - and the nights are drawin in then?
  8. L

Process for focussing Nokton 25mm

As Vivek has suggested the answer may be to try the process out in the cheapest way possible. Maybe you have (or can borrow) an old lens from the film days - then you simply have to buy the appropriate lens adapter to connect it to your m4/3 camera. You can find the adapters, often for less...
  9. L

Process for focussing Nokton 25mm

Not familiar with the Nokton, but guess it's going to be similar to any other 'legacy' lenses. In my case I have some Pentax and Minolta lenses, and sure you have a couple of button presses to set the focal length on IS to match the lens. Then select the aperture from the lens and focus with...
  10. L

Lightroom 5 dilemma....and alternatives

I've used LR since it came on the scene and maybe it's a sort of seven year itch, but I'm wondering, given that I'm faced with paying to upgrade to version 5, is there something else? (I guess I'm also a bit uneasy at the direction both Adobe and Apple seem to be taking with this Cloud thing)...
  11. L

Fun with the Olympus OMD

With my older eyes I've been hoping for focus peaking on the OM-D. Fuji have just released a firmware update bringing that capability to a number of their cameras. Hint, hint........ Olympus it's way past time for you to follow suit.
  12. L

Battery for OM-D M5

There was a thread on the best option for a 3rd party battery last year, but since I see no recent comments I'll raise the topic again. I purchased a battery from one of Amazon's affiliates in January, since it seemed to be one of the better options available at the time : "EZOPower Olympus...
  13. L

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Tipsy trees OMD + Lumix 20mm
  14. L

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Cute - Jackson has that 'I don't believe what I'm seeing look'. Ours also has that expression in her repertoire - must be a speciality of the breed.
  15. L

Mike Woods Street Photography

Many thanks for the pointer - what a super collection, did someone say decisive moments..