The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by lkuhlmann

1. L

Dual Graphics Cards

Unfortunately I can't share the data anymore. But in general GPU processing scales extremely well (for general image processing). Obviously it does not scale 100%, but I remember a number close to 95%, and this was for a combined number of GPU processing units in the order of 6000. It all comes...
  2. L

Dual Graphics Cards

I happen to know how C1 works internally, and I can confirm both the Intel GPU and the nVidia GPU (or for the newer model AMD GPU) are used for interaction and processing of images. This is true for all newer MacBook Pro's, and plenty of other computers. For batch processing the CPU is also...
  3. L

Surface Pro 3 arrived

I have tried the new Surface Pro 3, with the i7 CPU. This CPU is a real i7, including a fast 40 core GPU - The Intel Pro 5000. Capture One 7 is running great. Even (sligthly) faster than the newest Macbook Pro - despite the i7 is a low power device. Capture One Icons are a bit small, and the...
  4. L

Medium format apples

And BTW you can buy a PC with even higher performance (Dual AMD R9 290 GPU) and at a much lower price than the Mac Pro (2013). Remember, the faster the SSD the better. -Lionel
  5. L

Medium format apples

As the main developer, I can only recommend you to buy the fastest disk (SSD) and the best possible GPU card(s). The iMac is not upgradeable - but I guess none of the Macs are these days. Anyway the top of the pops today is the Mac Pro (dual D700) incl SSD (2x faster than most other drives)...
  6. L

LR catalog into C1 7.1.3

If you export 16bit tiffs to a watch folder, you can use LR or PS for further processing if needed. -Lionel
  7. L

LR catalog into C1 7.1.3

This is a list of settings being imported: Collection, XMP, Color label, Rating, Caption, Copyright, Keywords, Orientation, Rotation, Crop, WB Preset, WB Temp, WB Tint, Saturation, Contrast, and Exposure. If any WB preset is chosen in LR, its counterpart is chosen in CO and the specific...
  8. L

Phase One IQ260 Long Exposure Sample Files

The Long Exposure ISO140 has lower noise than the standard mode ISO200 - disregarding exposure time. As long as you need ISO 140 or more, Long Exposure mode has less noise than the standard mode. -Lionel
  9. L

When oh when is USB3 coming to Phase backs?

I would suggest you create a support case, and get direct feedback about your options. USB is here to stay. -Lionel
  10. L

Capture One 7.x and Advanced Noise reduction

Hi Paul. The difference you see has nothing to do with Phase or non-Phase files. You jumped into one of the differences between the old version 6 settings and the new version 7. In version 6 you have the surface slider - most likely since you already looked at the file using Capture One 6...
  11. L

It's in the immediate pipeline. Can't be more specific I am afraid. -Lionel
  12. L

I would like to add to Doug's comment. USB3 is arriving soon. -Lionel
  13. L

Capture One 7.0.2 released

I am happy to announce the release of Capture One 7.0.2 Features: Support for Fuji X-Pro1, X-E1, XF1 . Canon EOS M. sRaw and mRaw support Canon EOS 1D X, 5D Mark III and 6D . Olympus XZ-2 iHS. Sony SLT-A57. Improved stability. Improved support for pen tablets on Windows 8. Download Capture...
  14. L

Capture One 7: the 12 Things You Need to Know

Sometimes the wb is "acting up". This is stored as part of your session or catalog. Try setting the WB manually to "as shot". If this fails, I would manually rename the folder of the images, delete the CaptureOne subfolder (unless you have lots of settings already) and start a new session, and...
  15. L

macbook air

A Dual core i7 and 8GB RAM will not be a great experience. But it is possible to use it. Consider a MBP 13'' 4 core i7, and if possible 16GB Ram. THis system will be great for travel. The Retina version is slightly smaller than the old type, but also much more expensive. -Lionel