The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by losta

1. losta

Phototrip....2 mirrorless cameras or 1dSLR

I'm heading to India this week on a 2 week photo workshop with a7r, 24-70 and 55 plus Fuji X-T1 14, 56 and 55-200. I'm leaving the Nikon D800 and Trinity at home.
  2. losta

Appropriate bags for the X series?

I wrote a blogpost on my favorite bags for mirror less cameras: Link | Format | LisaOsta's blog
  3. losta

RX1 (r?) as silent companion

I've kept my RX1 and prefer the 35 on the RX1 to the FE35 2.8 on either the a7 or a7r. The RX1 and RX1r are still THE stealthy Sony cameras.
  4. losta

Reid Reviews and a7r

I subscribed to Sean's site years ago and it was such a pain then. I could not see doing it now. I don't see why he doesn't create an app for tablets and charge $10 -$20 for that app. That would be a way people would enjoy reading and have good visuals instead of having to suffer through an...
  5. losta

DPreview gives A7 Silver Award

It does seem DPReview is a bit extra harsh on Sony. One always needs to take these reviews with a grain of salt but hopefully some of these issues can be addressed with a firmware update. I think it is appropriate to take digs at Sony for not including a battery charger. All I know is I've had...
  6. losta

Sony-Too many Lens format configurations

Usually several months before I travel I start make a list of what I plan to bring and refine it over time. I too am waiting for the Sony FE system to mature (which I think will be pretty good by this time next year). But for now I am also balancing the Nikon gear with the Sony. In less than two...
  7. losta

A7/r lens recommendations 90-135mm

Thanks so much for the photo Joe! I actually have the 70-200 F 4 L IS, though I don't have a Canon camera anymore. I am wondering if it would be worth getting the metabones III adapter just for that.
  8. losta

A7/r lens recommendations 90-135mm

Any chance you could you post a photo of what the a7r with a Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS + Metabones III looks like? Thanks.
  9. losta

Am I crazy? Moving from Nikon D800 to A7 or A7R

I have both a D800 and D800e. I am selling the D800e after getting the a7r. I travel to take photos several times a year and I am just not into carrying the larger bodies and lenses when I walk around for hours doing photography. I am keeping the D800 for when I shoot locally or when I can drive...
  10. losta

Am I crazy? Moving from Nikon D800 to A7 or A7R

I have an older charger from NEX 5 but I just ordered a W charger from Sony 27-BCTRW for $49.99 both B&H and Amazon are showing it as a preorder.
  11. losta

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

It's supposed to ship in the US on Feb 2nd. I ordered mine from B&H the day the camera was announced and I got my camera in November (from B&H) before Sony started shipping them.
  12. losta

Soft release for Sony RX1-R?

I had one on my RX1, the small convex version but it fell off when I was crossing a bridge on Burano in Venice a few months ago and I haven't replaced it. I did really like it better than the bare shutter release. I guess I haven't replaced it since I had been anticipating the a7r (wish it...
  13. losta

WTB: Billingham Hadley Pro

I've got a green one, I can take a photo in the AM.
  14. losta

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

Sony Style now has my NEX-7 kit as ready to ship.
  15. losta

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

My Sony order says it will ship 8/28/11 I have called Sony Customer Support several times and they say it should be released for shipment as soon as they start shipping. On the DP Review NEX forum many people received kits last week from B&H and Amazon is shipping some this week (their CCs have...