The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by m3photo

1. m3photo

What is the best Panasonic body for stills?

Re: 25/1.4 My 50/1.4 Nikkor is on my D700 most of the time. Would really appreciate your opinions on the 25/1.4 when you get it. Thanks.
  2. m3photo

Getting to know the G3

Re: Hide and Seek "Hide and Seek" - A masterpiece.
  3. m3photo

K5 Mirror Flops - Smoking Gun Found

And the dumb question is ... What's a 'Mirror Flop'?
  4. m3photo

(K-5) Portrait at "Rebel" bar...

Re: Way to Go Yep, this is the way to go. many thanks. Finally cured that one. Actually this means there's no need to fiddle with the left hand switch for AF to Manual Focus any more. Up to your face, it's on manual focus - want AF? Press the now pre-configured AF button and away you go. Mind...
  5. m3photo

Panasonic GH2 w/ 14-140mm and Adobe Lightroom

Re: In-house Corrections Exactly. That's what makes the kit lens one of the best and that's why the 20mm is, together with this perfect in-house electronic matching, unbeatable. Who cares how it's done?
  6. m3photo

(K-5) Portrait at "Rebel" bar...

+1. Drivin' me nuts! If I want to focus manually I take my D700 and Nikkor Ais primes. I hate to say it like this Pentax: Nice camera, but ...
  7. m3photo

Blends

Re: “A Slow Ride In The Country” Beautiful. The 'squares' technique is interesting.
  8. m3photo

Photographing your Bokeh

Re: Grass Funny, I always had a great time ...:D
  9. m3photo

Getting to know the G3

Re: Buttons by Feel Perhaps those of us who have used the G1 extensively work this way. The only time I use the LCD is when I need to flip it out for a low-level shot for example, the rest of the time I change settings through the EVF and have the screen flipped into the body out of harm's way...
  10. m3photo

Fun with the Pentax K5

Wet Summer K-5+18-55 Kit Lens at 57mm eq. 1/125@f/16 ISO200
  11. m3photo

Help - K-5 Autofocus

Re: Technique OK, thanks. That's why it doesn't happen when I do test shots. And there's me thinking it was Murphy's fault all along ... It always happens when it's a 'grab' shot: I must remember to press the shutter release correctly. I must remember to press the shutter release correctly. I...
  12. m3photo

Help - K-5 Autofocus

Hi, I'm 'new' to this digital camera stuff and I bought a Nikon D5000 'cos I liked the fold-out screen. Sold it soon after 'cos I couldn't get the autofocus to focus where I wanted to. I bought a Pentax K-5 'cos I liked ... well you know, Jono convinced me :D Anyroad, 'ere I am again. Unless I...
  13. m3photo

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Nice. She says: "I'll take my sunglasses off and tell you where to steer and you do the pedalling."
  14. m3photo

The perfect m4/3rds has yet to appear

Re: 3 Bodies i was only kidding as you know. On a trip like that not taking several bodies is asking for trouble - from Murphy at least. By the way, I'll have a dusty G3, please :)
  15. m3photo

Fun with the Pentax K5

Cows and Horses Refreshing K-5+70mm Pancake - 1/1000@f/8 ISO400