The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by mach330

1. M

Question for MAC users: Lion today?

do we need snow leopard? i believe i have only the old leopard . or do we need to go to snow leopard then to lion?
  2. M

Getting to know the G3

awesome pix. how's the af? how quick is it compare to other mft? is it that much quicker over the g2? compareable with gh2?
  3. M

G3, chocolate

so is autofocus really faster compared to other mft cameras? do we need to update fw to use the 20/1.7 lens or is the af being faster a camera thing? where did you get your 3rd party battery from? i'll be getting mine next tues.
  4. M

Getting to know the G3

i guess i'll find out myself in a few days. called panasonic to cancel my g3 preorder. i wanted to see how the new olympus e-p3 is first. low and behold..they shipped it yesterday. i guess i'll keep it for a bit then or at least try out the panny controls. i do like the ibis of olympus though...
  5. M

Getting to know the G3

no worries. thx for checking. 2.75" equates to 70mm. i hope it fits. anyone else has a metabones?
  6. M

Getting to know the G3

ok so diamater is about 2.75". from the edge of the outer circle (focus ring) to the inner circle (where the lens attaches) is around 0.75".
  7. M

Getting to know the G3

anyone have a metabones adapter and confirm if it fits the g3? it looks like the top portion of where it says LUMIX on the camera might not fit the focus ring. can anyone confirm?
  8. M

close ups with NEX5

sushi kamon is ok. you should check out oshima in tustin. much better than kamon.
  9. M

Panasonic G3: My hands-on first impressions

looking at some pix. do you guys think it's possible to fit the contax g lens with metabones adapter in the new g3? it looks a bit tight up top on where it curves. i ordered mine and that would suck if i can't use one of my fav lens/adapter.
  10. M

Panasonic G3: My hands-on first impressions

is it cheaper than amazon (free shipping)? edit: nm, i signed up. looks like it's $60 compare to amazon (even with free shipping and no tax). thx for the info guys.
  11. M

First pics of NEX-C3

agreed. i need an evf in order for me to jump ship on this.
  12. M

NEX5 + fast Canon FD glass

I have the contax 45 myself for my e-pl2. Still experimenting. Definitely my easier to carry around than my 50mm fd ssc which I truly love so far.
  13. M

One of those bag threads

just saw this one. i think this is perfect for us mft owners. http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-5-pinestone.aspx
  14. M

Online Developing

Where do you guys develop your pictures for hard copies?Won't online sites compress your pictures for you when you update, therefore the quality is not the same? I usually do mine at costco, but that was when i had my p&s. I've moved up since then. lol
  15. M

WTB: Contax G 45mm f/2

Anyone selling a good condition contax g 45mm preferrably in the U.S.? thx