The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Mark Muse

1. M

Capture One 11 Noise reduction

I find NR in C1 to be useful only for very low levels of chroma noise.
  2. M

Tone Mapping

Its implementation is rather crude in C1. See Lr for a far more natural implementation. I have moved to C1 from Lr and the rather harsh rendering with blocked up shadows is something I am wrestling with. It is as if my A7r2 has lost several stops of dynamic range. The shadows are simply not very...
  3. M

Techart adapter and Contax G question

This is kind of an old thread, I see that. Is anyone using the CG35 on an A7r2? How is it? I have been using the CG90 and CG45 for years, so references to either of these will be meaningful. Is the coverage (color shading in particular) good? Imaging style? On another note, I have Kipon manual...
  4. M

Capture One Pro 10 is here!

I bought the upgrade from 8 to 10. Sharpening and NR at the defaults are indeed natural looking. Not sharp, but natural. I haven't tried any settings of my own yet (NR 0; Sharp radius very small, no threshold). Color rendering for Sony A7r2 is very very nice!
  5. M

Still looking for a Aperture replacement... anyone use ON1 Photo10?

You might have a look at Iridient Developer (formerly RAW Developer). Excellent software but it is a raw converter only. Also Luminar is interesting.
  6. M

Capture One Pro 10 is here!

OK, speed: Check How about the quality of sharpening and noise reduction? My opinion is sharpening and NR are second class -- no where near as natural looking as Lr 6. Have there been changes here? I'm fed up with Adobe for other reasons. With apologies for being negative.
  7. M

Luminosity Masking Actions - suggestions

I use Tony's luminosity mask actions and many of my own, for monochrome and color work. Be aware that the "Zone" masks do not correlate well with the zone system, particularly in the mid-tones. That said, his actions are robust and very useful.
  8. M

Small Image Display Size C1

Does anyone know of a practical way to display an image being worked on at a size less than 'fit to window'? I like to toggle between fit and ~12% as I work to help visualize, but can find no way to do that in C1.
  9. M

macOS Sierra: is it safe ?

How about Ps CS6? Epson pro printer drivers? Color Management? Anyone?
  10. M

A7RII with Leica M lenses

Does anyone have experience with the Zeiss ZM 2,8/28 on the A7r2? I rented a ZM 2,8/25. While sharp enough to hurt you in the center, there was considerable light and sharpness falloff in the outer 1/8th of the frame. Not smearing, so maybe the prime culprit was field curvature.
  11. M

A9 Rumor: Clickbait or Possible

Regarding a standardized battery, it has made life great with Sony mirrorless. But if Sony was going to make a break from the past in battery size, a pro body would be the place to do it. With the rumored 80 Mpx sensor, large buffer for indefinite continuous shooting, probably two or three...
  12. M

A7R II Charger

The Watson charger mentioned by 4season (http://www.poweredbywatson.com/detail?sku=837349) is a dual battery charger. It is very well made. I have been using mine for a couple of years now and I couldn't be happier with it. It does not take 6 hours to charge a flat battery, more like 2.
  13. M

Techart adapter and Contax G question

I use quite a number of adapters. I also use the 45G and 90G often but with Fotodiox and Metabones manual focus adapters. I have had flair problems like this with every adapter except the two Novoflex adapters I have. Even the Mirex Hassi to Nikon TS adapter is prone to flair. So I have taken to...
  14. M

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

I acquired several Hassi F and FE lenses to use on a Mirex TS adapter on a Nikon 800e. I wanted the F series because they do not have a shutter (less weight), and because there was no leaf shutter they could have larger max apertures. I have the 80/2.8 F, 150/2.8 FE (I think it is 2.8, haven't...
  15. M

A7RII with Leica M lenses

http://markmusephotographs.com/wordpress/2015/11/16/cacapon-river-oak/ CV15 v3 at either f8 or f11 on A7r2. Performance is excellent. There appears to be a small amount of blur in leaves, but it was very windy (howling actually) and this was the cause. Shot on tripod. This lens is quite sharp...