The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by mazor

1. M

IPhone Photos

Definitely not :) which iPhone was used to capture this shot? My last phone camera that had a proper mechanical shutter was the Nokia 808. The bending of the blades looks kind of scary ;)
  2. M

IPhone Photos

Took this not too long ago. Again portrait mode for capturing cat portraits.
  3. M

IPhone Photos

Wow like the cinematic black and white effect applied. Audio is also very good. Excellent stereo separation with the sound of rain playing back on the iPhone x Where did you get the rain sound track? Pretty certain iPhones do not natively record such lovely stereo audio? Been thinking of...
  4. M

F1.2 - the fast lane

Any comparisons between olys new 45 f1.2 pro and pant Leica 42.5mm F1.2?
  5. M

IPhone Photos

Surprised at how evolved the depth algorithms are at achieving faux bokeh Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.rackonly.com
  6. M

IPhone Photos

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.rackonly.com iPhone x panorama
  7. M

IPhone Photos

A shot I took in Bali with the iPhone SE. Seems like a very capable phone camera. A little noisy but still a usable image. Bali rice fields iPhone SE light room mobile
  8. M

Speedbooster with AF!

Not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread, but I thought I would revive this thread with my experiences with the Speed booster ultra. I recently acquired a "Metabones" Speed booster ultra with a much more up to date firmware 0.56, the autofocus translation engine between Canon lenses...
  9. M

F1.2 - the fast lane

exciting times. Wonder if I should be selling my Sigma 18-35 f1.8 which I use with the Metabones Speedbooster Ultra combo to achieve approx 13mm - 25mm f1.2 constant aperture zoom.
  10. M

E-M1, E-M5, E-M5.2, etc. ... Peculiarities

wow, thanks again k-hawinkler for the info. The A9 sounds like it definitely the best when it comes to using E Shutter for action shots. I have heard that when the A9 is doing fast FPS, the RAW bitrate drops from 14bit to 12bit. Not sure if it has been documented but does the E-M1 mk2 record...
  11. M

I currently now use an E-M1 mk2, sold the mk1. Which is better for reducing the rolling shutter effect, the A9 or the E-M1 mk2?
  12. M

fantastic shots k-hawinkler. Do you notice any advantages taking these types of shots using the mechanical shutter? Ie any rolling shutter effects using electronic?
  13. M

Olympus EM1.2

Good to know about the colour accuracy. I would imagine an equivalent lens similar to the 100-400 for the xt2 on the e-m1.2 would be the oly zuiko 50-200 with the 1.4x teleconverter attached and adapted using mmf3
  14. M

Olympus EM1.2

Updated my e-m1.2 today via the usb C cable provided. Backup of mysets was easy and allows for mutiple backups 👍 Update and restore also was simple and easy. So far I have not seen much difference between firmware versions, but it is good to know firmware updating can be hastle free.
  15. M

I have the zuiko 50-200 non swd (got it for a superb bargain price ) and is works brilliantly on my e-m1 mk2. Wonder how much difference in performance between the swd and non swd