The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by MikeEvangelist

1. MikeEvangelist

SOLD - Sony a7R camera ILCE-A7R with Sony VG-C1EM grip and Sony wired remote

$649 for the whole kit, including PayPal fees and shipping to CONUS addresses. Beautiful example of a classic camera. This A7R is in mint condition, with only 8616 shutter actuations. Unlike most newer Sony bodies this one can use the awesome Smooth Reflection and Time Lapse apps, which are...
  2. MikeEvangelist

Custom Foam Insert for Sony Alpha Camera Kit

This is very cool. How much did they charge to produce the insert?
  3. MikeEvangelist

Compact Prime 15mm to 21mm for Sony A7r iv

The 12-24mm GM is a masterpiece of a lens; you'll love it.
  4. MikeEvangelist

WTB a Sony A Mount Body

The a900 is great if you don't mind an old-fashioned flipping mirror. It's built like a tank and makes very nice images. Otherwise, the a99 is is super, and the (much more expensive and full-featured) a99ii is the ultimate A-mount camera.
  5. MikeEvangelist

LA-EA5, a mirrorless adapter that AF's old(er) screw drive lenses

Many of the old lenses are not up to the task (of a high-rez sensor). But I enjoy using the LA-EA5 for trying offbeat lenses that don't cost very much. The 100-400mm for example, which I got for $150, surprised me with its reasonable performance. Here's a tight crop from the above shot...
  6. MikeEvangelist

I pulled together a few images for you, from my A7Riv and Minolta AF lenses, here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeevangelist/albums/72157719693114955/with/51359001548/ One example, shot with the Minolta 100-400mm zoom...
  7. MikeEvangelist

There is a long thread over on Fred Miranda with lots of samples - https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1666080/0
  8. MikeEvangelist

12-24 mm lenses: f4 G vs f2.8 GM?

I've shot both, and currently have the GM. They are both outstanding lenses. Since you don't need the extra light gathering of the GM, I'd say go for the ƒ4. Two more date points: • I've heard the GM has better flare control. I don't see it in the kind of work I do, but it could be relevant...
  9. MikeEvangelist

Stop the upgrade Madness

I've pre-ordered one from B&H. ;)
  10. MikeEvangelist

A major update!

Looking great so far. Thanks for all the hard work!
  11. MikeEvangelist

Very nice surprise from Sony. Looking forward to trying it with the 80-200mm ƒ2.8 APO that I just purchased. It was always a favorite, but the previous adapters just didn't make for a nice experience. (especially the light loss from the pellicle mirror). and just for fun I might have to...
  12. MikeEvangelist

Vintage Leicaflex SL camera with 135mm ƒ2.8 Elmarit R

Camera has been sold. Thanks for looking!
  13. MikeEvangelist

Vintage Leicaflex SL camera with 135mm ƒ2.8 Elmarit R

I put this on eBay now, but if someone here wants it, I'll let it go for $360.