The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Mitchell

1. M

ALPA and HY6 back adapter

Wow! I never knew their was an Alpa adapter for my Sinar eMotion 75. This takes my fantasizing to a whole new level! But, viewing and chimping would be challenging. Anyone use Sinar backs with Alpa? Thanks, Mitchell
  2. M

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Baxter, Great shot. I love not only the reflection, but also how the reflection pool mirrors the shape of the island. I wonder if this could all be emphasized more by cropping below the reflection pool. I like it either way. Best, Mitchell
  3. M

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Luka, Hope you will forgive me messing with your image, but this is how it first appeared on my small screen and I liked it. I find it really interesting to try different crops. You have alot of great stuff here. Best, Mitchell
  4. M

Ryan, I'm sure Savanna is lovely and all that but I can't help feeling you're missing out on all our snow, ice, freezing rain, slush, not to mention mud season which comes next. But, if it makes you happy.... Best, Mitchell
  5. M

What is it about a Leica?

I'm not sure if Leica shots are better, but if they are I think it has mostly to do with the simplicity of operation. When shooting my M9, I'm more concentrated on the subject, less aware of the camera, and less distracted by it. Or maybe it's the selection of photographers attracted to...
  6. M

New: Raw Developer 1.9

Thanks Woody, Good to know you use RD. I admire your work. I had a little trouble downloading RD 1.9, and Brian at Raw Developer was very fast and helpful in response to the problem and my other general questions. I don't know how he finds the time as a seemingly one-man shop. Best, Mitchell
  7. M

New: Raw Developer 1.9

RD 1.9 is ready for download on their site. Anyone tried it? Anyone using RD and Lightroom or Photoshop? If so, what's your workflow? Thanks, Mitchell
  8. M

Please Help-Monitor Color Temperature

Thanks again Wayne. Very helpful. Best, Mitchell
  9. M

Thanks pfigen and Wayne, Much appreciated. The greater warmth of the prints is noticeable well away from the monitors. My studio has some sort of full spectrum florescent lights installed by my artist landlord. I don't suppose any florescent light is suitable? Best, Mitchell
  10. M

I have been trying mightily to get a match between what I see on my Apple Cinema monitors, and what comes out of my Epson 3800 printer. I bought a Colormunki to calibrate my monitors and printer. With some help from X-rite support (they were great, actually answered the phone 3 times, and...
  11. M

Photo mounting and plexiglass

I have had inkjet (Epson 3800 with Glossy Epson Paper) and cibachrome prints face mounted to plexiglass by Zero Station in Portland Maine. They look great. Does anyone know about their archival properties? Best, Mitchell
  12. M

Gear & Our Art: 2011?

Most great artists have been intensely involved with their media and tools, playing with them, exploring the edge of their limitations, using them in novel ways, or using new and novel tools. The exploration and skill seems to have been the important thing. The choice of tool (i.e. limitation)...
  13. M

Is Sandisk Extreme 8 GB HD Video OK for M9

I ordered Extreme IIIs. Amazon sent Extreme HD Videos. Is this a problem or should I keep them. Thanks for any help. Best, Mitchell
  14. M

Yep, sometimes I need a lie down after all the picture taking. :)
  15. M

Thanks Steve and Lloyd. And thanks Lloyd for you help about posting. Much appreciated. Crime scene or self portrait. That is me on the beach.