The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by nostatic

1. nostatic

Nikon Z and Pro audio

Sound Devices MixPre mentioned above is a step up from the Zooms. I have an H4n and H6 that I use mostly for live band recordings. They are a bit "crispy" but that is easily fixed with some eq in post. The TLM102 is solid, but if you're also doing picture then it will be in the shot - which may...
  2. nostatic

Xt-4

and with pictures https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t4-first-official-product-images-leaked/
  3. nostatic

Very early impressions...Z6

After a long hiatus (on my part), nice to see some of the usual suspects. Curious how you compare the Z6 to your X-T3. A few months back I sold an A7ii and some glass to move to the X-T3 (still have an A7iii that I use at work). I've actually been quite happy with the Fuji setup and gestalt...
  4. nostatic

Rx1r2

I live to serve... :salute:
  5. nostatic

Rx1r2

variation on the theme Canon infiltrator
  6. nostatic

Rx1r2

I have to say that I enjoyed shooting my RX1r a lot. Just a nice camera to work with. In the end I felt like I needed a little better AF and ideally IBIS. If this camera had IBIS I'd order it up, but I suppose the sensor is good enough that you can just shoot faster shutter and push iso up. It...
  7. nostatic

A7s vs A7II

Yeah, but the weight/pixel pitch is way more :D
  8. nostatic

A7s vs A7II

I've been shooting a lot at 12800 with the A7ii and it looks fine (but I don't mind decent looking noise). I haven't shot an A7s but that is pretty much my dream camera except for the low resolution. I do end up cropping a fair amount and am not sure that 12mp will be quite enough, especially...
  9. nostatic

High ISO Test: A7s vs Df vs A7r vs A7

All the more reason for an A7s shooting auto iso with top limit set at almost-a-zillion. :D
  10. nostatic

New A7II Users Reports

awesome - time to switch to raw :D
  11. nostatic

Sony FE 16-35/f4

cash...credit...rolling pin upside the head...it's all good.
  12. nostatic

FS: Sony A7 body

On hold for local getdpi buyer - will update Thu one way or the other.
  13. nostatic

New A7II Users Reports

What is interesting though is that the 40-150/2.8 is about the same size/weight as the Sony 70-200/4. You do lose range on the long end, but then you've got FF and more pixels. So from a size/weight perspective you're mostly winning with the 200mm+ capability - which can be mission critical.
  14. nostatic

New A7II Users Reports

The telephoto conundrum is one of my issues. I don't need a long lens very often so it is hard to drop the coin (and haul around) a FF long zoom. The u4/3 are a lot more attractive from that standpoint, and the new 1" superzooms are really exciting - until I look at the files and go, "hey, where...
  15. nostatic

New A7II Users Reports

I agree that the Oly IBIS probably saved more shots (working from memory and knowing how sloppy I shoot). But there also is the significant sensor size difference as well as resolution and DOF differences. No free lunch. I think for certain applications the Oly is a perfect compromise. I got...