The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by nowherean

1. nowherean

FUJIFILM Fuji X-T5 Mirrorless Camera + Extras

I have a MINT 9+ / 10 Fuji available. The shutter count is only 5024. Comes with all original accessories, box, papers, etc. I've had this camera for only a few months. Screen protector was on camera from day one. This is a US model. I will include an extra battery and a new Nitecore charger...
  2. nowherean

Leica 100mm APO-Macro-Elmarit-R f/2.8

PM Sent.
  3. nowherean

Peculiar vignetting problem with SONY A7RII and native Zeiss Lenses

The issue is with all native lenses. I had no problem with my Leica R lenses with a dumb adapter. Its basically SONY cooking the file. Just tested with firmware 4 and the issue is less pronounced but still there and will require post to make it really work well.
  4. nowherean

Don’t use SONY lenses, or don’t use SONY for time lapse work. Not to mention the star eating issue with SONY cameras. Nice tech, sensor, etc, but really crappy for real-world usage. That’s pretty much where I’m at with this at this point, after retouching **** load of frames. This should not be...
  5. nowherean

All lens or any other corrections are turned OFF. I have done more tests again. The issue gets better with the latest firmware update on the SONY and with lens corrections turned OFF, but it doesn't go away completely. Some color cast remains, particularly blueish color cast on the sides, where...
  6. nowherean

I did a similar test with my Leica R 28mm lens with an adapter. No vignetting at all. I can of course try to do the same with the Loxia as you have suggested, and I'm pretty sure once the camera doesn't know the lens, it won't apply that silly "correction". BTW called Zeiss few days ago to...
  7. nowherean

Right, forgot to mention. EFSC is ON, BUT it doesn't play any role in this issue, as I have tested for that as well. I get the same vignetting result unfortunately.
  8. nowherean

This particular example was shot with Loxia 21 at F11 (both shots of course) My time-lapses are messed up the same way at F8. While I figured out how to fix it (pain in the ***!!!) I'm convinced it's an actual firmware bug at a RAW level. Since all cameras process and apply whatever "look" to...
  9. nowherean

In real world images that I'm observing from my time-lapses, this vignetting is also altering color on the images. I can't seem to match the images enough to make the jump go away. Sure I can bring them close enough together, but it's not perfect. I'm starting to think that SONY a7 is not really...
  10. nowherean

Using Lightroom 6.7 and these are just straight out of the camera. This issue happens at any F-stop, exposure time is what really affects the images. ISO, F-Stop is the same. Here is the link to the RAW files, and thank you for willing to take a look...
  11. nowherean

What camera correction setting would it be? I have most of the options off, shooting RAW, totally manual, Picture Profile OFF, Long Exposure NR OFF. I don't understand this at all...
  12. nowherean

Hey guys, I have a real problem with the time lapses I've shot. It seems that Sony + Zess Loxia or Batis (basically native SONY lenses) in combination with Sony A7 apply some kind of vignetting, that really messes up the photos shot in sequence. Which spells real trouble for time-lapse people...
  13. nowherean

FS: SONY a7II Body

SOLD: FS: SONY a7II Body The camera is now SOLD.
  14. nowherean

FS: Dracast LED500 Pro Bi-Color LED Light with V-Mount Battery Plate

Not sure if this forum is for LED lights, but here it goes... Excellent condition light that has five star rating on B&H. I only used it for 40-50 hours. That is it! So it pretty much unused and will arrive to your doorstep inside of a padded Dracast bag. Power cable is included. V-Mount...