The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Pat Donnelly

1. P

Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

Modification is not necessary? Spacers, at various lengths, are available on eBay. They are usually 5mm at $1 or so, from China. They go between the camera and the lens. As the lens goes away from the sensor, the focal range gets closer and closer. For very high magnification, reversing the...
  2. P

Storm over Swanbank, Qld

This area, where I also live, gets the most dramatic storms in Australia. Not the most frequent, that is in Darwin or uninhabited areas. The mountains are 2000 metres and we are next the Pacific Ocean, so they are quite large and intense. Great photos! Quite an argument for the very wide lens!
  3. P

Micro 4/3 have teeny sensors - discuss

Interesting and valid points. I am still using a newly acquired epm-1 rather than my E-410 or Nikon D100. After successfully and almost painlessly acquiring a grandchild, I gave my ep-1 to the mother of that child and have been getting visual proof of continued good health, but not as often as...
  4. P

Panasonic 20/1.7 underexposes in low light

Sorry, Peter! Is it a coating issue that is set off by Tungsten? Never heard of one, admittedly. Impossible to get around too. Any progress?
  5. P

My new self-made E-P2 thumbie

Thanks for sharing! C Mount lovers are few and appear silent! I was abused on another site for merely posting about C Mount zooms, but I have followed most of your posts elsewhere. Like your videos, too!
  6. P

At this point, I'd avoid Olympus products

Still the only manual focus friendly camera, using the IBIS on these lenses makes me their friend! I hope to swoop on product as Olympus follows the Titanic ... keep up the Olympus unfriendly posts so I have to pay even less? :)
  7. P

Has anyone bought the "Q"

Eventually, they will be part of a suite of cameras that will be used with my fave manual lenses, especially if they are small cameras. ;) Their prices must fall first, so there are clearly useless!!!! Only a lunatic or Fuji lover could buy one! :ROTFL: Those 135 film lenses that have very...
  8. P

Panasonic 20/1.7 underexposes in low light

We expect that our sensors will respond to the amount of light correctly, but the black and white sensor that is in our cameras may not detect certain colour temperatures in the same way as most other temperatures? The consistency suggests that this is a sensor fault? That it is specific to...
  9. P

14-42x lens

Thanks for the sterling workfest. Useful!
  10. P

C Mount Zooms prices rise

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FUJINON-ZOOM-1-1-2-12-5mm-75mm-C-MOUNT-LENS-/380379781912?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item589066db18 Are they now overpriced? They offer very fast apertures and sometimes a large zoom ratio. They used to sell for $10, a few years ago. They vignette on full m4/3 sensors, but...
  11. P

Kowa LM8HC full coverage 8mm f1.4 on standard m43 sensor (GF1, EP1 etc)

Re: Kowa LM8HC full coverage 8mm f1.4 Thanks for that! The distortion at the edge of the coverage, before the vignetting, is quite marked and might be useful for some purposes, but may put some folks off. There seems to be a difference between the sensor coverage on still of maybe 90%, and...
  12. P

How about a 50 MP mirrorless from Nikon...

Jurgen, I think that new techniques in software will enable very high quality results from such a system. By the time it is offered, we will have accepted the intermediate steps that currently appear to be the paradoxical lower quality results. We actually use light sensors that measure how...
  13. P

Manual Focus Lens for D7000 or E-P2?

You really need to give more info to get feedback? By saying 50mm,you suggest a normal lens is what you seek. On the EP-1 though, it will act as a great, perhaps oversharp, portrait lens. You can always degrade with a filter or two. The whole point of m4/3 is compactness and cheap manual...
  14. P

Anyone excited about the Q?

Very interested! This is another format for my lenses! It may be small but that is likely ok as the lenses will make it more ergonomic. It is the second of this format as the kenko is the first and the Nikon likely to be the third. It has high gimmick value so there will be a big loss on...
  15. P

What Lenses should I consider purchasing to make sure it SWIRLS 100% :))

Or a Petzval projection lens? They are cheap but getting more popular.