The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by pellicle

1. pellicle

GF1 - video question

Hi Just wondering is there any difference between putting the camera in video P on the dial and pressing the shutter release VS pressing the red button from anywhere? Seems quite different to my GH1 Thanks
  2. pellicle

GF1 vs GF2 opinion as a used camera

Hi currently considering buying a GF to do a few things and have soldiered on (happily) with my GH1 for some time now. My tendency is to go for the GF1 but as its still dearer on the used market the GF2 makes me wonder if I should just save the money. The issues I have against the GF2 are: *...
  3. pellicle

GH3 EVF Magnification et'al

Hi my theory is like this: say any crap you like, as long as people buy it. There is so much twaddle out there on the net it will be lost anyway. sell sell sell
  4. pellicle

Olympus ZD 50mm F2 vs Panny Leica 45mm F2.8 on OM-D

I'll wager you won't see much difference between f2.8 and f2 in DoF Are you sure the AF is better on the Pana?? If so then I'd go the Pana as you also get macro ability too. Unless you like the look of that chrome looking lens. Personally I'm still quite happy with my OM 50 1.4 or my Pentax...
  5. pellicle

Micro 4/3 have teeny sensors - discuss

I'd have thought this was done to death, but then there's always the new people to the table. Personally I'm more interested in: size of photosite (to minimise noise) size of format to change bokeh and DoF from where I sit the difference to APS is negligible, the steps are more like doubling...
  6. pellicle

OMG my only camera is my iPhone!

exactly ... and as the old saying goes "the best camera you have is the one you have with you". I have no intention of passing my m4/3 over for my Nokia but having my phone with me so much means that I've always got "something" to grab a good shot. So I can get 'something' when opportunities...
  7. pellicle

OMG my only camera is my iPhone!

well I know how you feel. My other camera is my Nokia in my view ...: Nokia E72 vs iPhone4s and its so good (and the iPhone 4S is pretty darn close) that it beats my Panasonic compact in my view ...: Nokia E72 cam VS digicam
  8. pellicle

LUMIX G5

which has in my opinion been what the G cameras have been all about since they started (G1), although have recently lost their way. Wouldn't it be nice if it goes back to the same battery as the G1/GH1 :-)
  9. pellicle

Seriously!

depends. Seen old Leica cameras? Lenses aren't that big you know. Seen a m4/3 lens as wide and as compact as the Olympus 21mm f3.5? For sure I agree that on longer focal lengths the smaller sensor rocks but for wides and normals? Personally I lean towards a full frame. Considering I have...
  10. pellicle

Now it gets exciting! 12-35mm f2.8

great ... 24mm effective is about my favorite width ... hello dolly!
  11. pellicle

Pentax 110 20-40 zoom?

interesting ... may give it a go
  12. pellicle

Pentax 110 20-40 zoom?

I cant say I think that the 50 is too big, expecially beside the OM 50mm f1.8 110-theFifties by obakesan, on Flickr 110-50mm by obakesan, on Flickr but the 24 does look comical
  13. pellicle

m43rds dilemma

Hi some pretty darn good shots in there {MeijiJingu?} Hope you don't mind me using your post to discuss this further ... was running short lastnight wanted to just get in a few quick comments. I would totally agree with this, and suggest that I often find myself wanting more than 300mm ... I...
  14. pellicle

m43rds dilemma

just briefly, I'd say that you should consider carefully looking at Manual exposure. I always take a few quick shots to tune my exposure and then its set for that subject and lighting. Clouds and overcast skies get metering into a knot. I use a 300f4 FD lens on the m4/3 and find that its a good...
  15. pellicle

Japan banks may hijack Olympus (Reuters)

Wow offensive? How? :watch: