The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by pentacon6

1. P

Any adapter for P6 to Hasselblad HC mount exist?

Thx all your reply. I think I may need to pay attention to Mamiya 645 AFD instead
  2. P

Any adapter for P6 to Hasselblad HC mount exist?

Hi all, I am new to the digital back world and consider to taste the MF digital. My friend offers me a used Hasselblad H1D with body and HD22 but without lens. I need to buy the lenses myself however, since I am not sure will Hasselblad H be my final system and I have several Pentacon Six such...
  3. P

Question: does anyone has tear down photos of m4/3 lens (electronic type)?

It seems quite strange to ask but hope someone used to take a risk of such kind of action. I always wonder who had ever tried to tear down an AF m4/3 lens to explore how it built? You may think I should have this kind of lens however, I used to buy a m4/3 body (Panasonic G1) and playing with...
  4. P

A Crazy Guy has done something Weird on 550D

1st here: http://www.oldlensclub.hk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2610 2nd here: http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=835265&extra=&page=1 Both are from the DC forum in Hong Kong. You need not to understand the chat but just see the photo. I can tell you, the crazy guy just bought 3 bodies to...
  5. P

If you would like to have one more "special" manual focus lens..

I have tried Schneider 50mm f2.8 Xenoplan. The ultra high resolution for measurement is just an unbeatable lens I have ever seen. I just want to find its brother 28mm f2.8 for my standard lens shot. But rather than lens, I perfer a tilt shift adapter of using nikon mount with aperture control...
  6. P

Canon 25/1.4 C-mount...check it out!

It seems to be a better version. It is able to be adjusted to F22. I got one with black paint, aperture from F1.4 to 16. The vignetting is obvious at 4:3, acceptable at 3:2, not visible at 16:9 I have to say the sharpness is good. ISO 200, f/2, 1/40s What I only dislike about this lens is the...
  7. P

Pentax 25mm f/1.4 C-mount seems to be very popular lately...

for 12.5mm/1.4,You should trim off some bottom parts as the diameter cannot fit into the adapter. The internal diameter of the adapter is just 37.2mm while the lens is about 39mm as I know. You should ask somebody to use a lather to trim it.
  8. P

Poor man's Nocti (GF1)

I also have Nikon 50/1.2 on my list. Most of the time, I shrink the aperture to F2 rather than wide open as the fringe on at F1.2 is not so good. But most of the time. It is a good portrait lens that give you promising bokeh and also the sharpness. I have tried several lenses of different brand...
  9. P

Adapting Nikon lenses to m4/3 cameras

Yes, the adapter makes the lens beyond infinity。I am not sure how's RJ's version, but so far no any adapters hand on reach the exact infinity as mark on lens.
  10. P

To CVickery: I have an EOS adapter,too. I have tried to use a 50mm f2.8 Tessar M42 Lens set to infinity and then screw it out a little bit to test how short the adapter for a proper infinity focus. I was quite astonished that it is almost 3mm shorter!For wide angle lenses, it is not a big...
  11. P

By the way, there is something that makes me really curious about the length of the adapter made by Voigtlander. Since I found some Made in China adapter is too short that it reach infinity at about 10 meters, it can't give us the convenience of shooting landscape. I just wonder is...
  12. P

Ken Rockwell resolution test (M9 vs D300s vs 5DII)

I just don't know why he don't use a Leica R 50mm f1.4 with an adapter on Canon while modify the rear mount for Nikon. It is justify to use same lens on 3 machines. Just see it as a joke. Leica won't get a better market share after the test. The sensor on M9 is till behind the quality of Canon...
  13. P

Trouble with Computar lens and RJ Camera adapter

ouch! That's the part I am thinking of and I dare not to do. I knew that, GF1 and EP-1 have no such a problem deal to the area in front of the sensor is larger. I used to think of open it wider but now I think I can skip it. Thanks so much, Hudson! :)
  14. P

G1 -- no speed faster than 1/160...

The product information gives me some hints "incl. USB cable, CD-ROM with photoGPS matching software, organiser and viewing software" The matching software seems the main point of the product. I used to try Sony's GPS unit and in fact, the geo tag does not record in the EXIF when I shot. I have...
  15. P

another 4/3 entrant?

Yes, the trend is getting obvious. And Samsung has announced NX10 for about a year ago but postpone the launching schedule without reason. Samsung has already claimed APS-C is her way but she pause suddenly after EP-1 launched. I suspect Samsung wants to redesign the body to become smaller than...