The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Peter Klein

1. Peter Klein

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

More fun with my recently acquired MM v.1. First one is with a tabbed 50mm Summicron, the rest with v.4 35mm Sumicron. Bodyguard by Peter Klein, on Flickr Cubist birthday by Peter Klein, on Flickr Father and daughter by Peter Klein, on Flickr Grilling kabob by Peter Klein, on Flickr...
  2. Peter Klein

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Long time no see, everyone. I'm now the happy owner of an MM (9). Here's a trio from my first couple of weeks with it: Danny with ice cream by Peter Klein, on Flickr Espressivo by Peter Klein, on Flickr Bodyguard by Peter Klein, on Flickr
  3. Peter Klein

Capture One v7 layer issue, fixed in v8?

I opened a support case with Phase One. It turns out that I inadvertently had the "Auto Mask" box checked. This is the function that allows the mask to adjust itself to edges (e.g. to mask the bright sky but leave adjacent buildings out of the mask). So it was partially user error in this...
  4. Peter Klein

Looking for a perspective from those who used to shoot Leica M and have moved on...

Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Insightful and civil. GetDPI is a good place to be. --Peter
  5. Peter Klein

Capture One v7 layer issue, fixed in v8?

I've been noticing a problem with Capture One v. 7.1.2 when I use "local adjustments" (layers) to dodge or burn in masked areas of a photo. It appears that high-contrast edges are "echoed" in an adjacent area with a line a pixel or two wide. I wonder if anyone else has seen this, and if the...
  6. Peter Klein

Fun w/Digital M Images

Well, Dan, orange you glad you took that picture? :D --Peter
  7. Peter Klein

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Motion Motion by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
  8. Peter Klein

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

"Shtoh?" (what?) 'Shtoh?' (what?) by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
  9. Peter Klein

Listening Claire, listenng by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
  10. Peter Klein

"I'll Google it" I'll Google it by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr --Peter
  11. Peter Klein

I decided to shoot some film again and see what happened. M6, Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton LTM, Tri-X. Michael: Michael by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr Nurse: Nurse by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
  12. Peter Klein

It's the IBIS Jono you Wassack

Agreed 100% on m43 and M system complementing each other. And I forgot to say before, excellent article, Jono. It's nice to see a person's thought process in choosing what camera is the best for them, and you've conveyed that very well.
  13. Peter Klein

E-M1 vs. E-M5, how much better?

Thanks, everyone. Godfrey, that was the missing piece, that the original ZD lenses are just as usable as the new ones. That makes the decision easier. I'm feeling more inclined to upgrade to the E-M1 eventually. We'll see. I'll have to make another trip to the camera store with my E-M5 and...
  14. Peter Klein

I should mention that I've owned the E-M5 for over a year, plus a trio of primes (20/1.7, 25/1.4, 45/1.8) and the kit zoom from a Panny G1. I use the John Milich grip, which is a superbly machined piece of metal with no electronic extras. I'm used to the small controls even though I have large...
  15. Peter Klein

A question for those who have owned both: In practical shooting terms, how much better and faster is the E-M1 over the E-M5? I'm having a hard time getting a handle on the practical differences. I'm most interested in the viewfinder lag, focusing (especially in lower light), and general...