The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by philipchan

1. P

New book for download

Thanks for your generosity and kind consideration of sharing! Philip
  2. P

Sony A7r ll with Metabones IV issue

Hi Just like to inform that although Hong Kong is part of China but it is a "special administrative region" within China. It remains a free port and import duties only apply to a few selected commodities. Camera and accessories certainly are not within the customs and duties list. Suggest to...
  3. P

New Leica S firmware 2.4.1

Hi, Thanks for your kind consideration of sharing. May I ask if the same (restarting the camera.......) holds true also for S006? Philip
  4. P

does a CFV back need a gliding mirror system?

Body length adjustment? I would like to know more because it seems to be difficult in the absence of shimming mechanism like that employed by Alpa camera etc. Thanks Philip
  5. P

Contax 645 Lenses on Leica S

Just received my adapter C a week ago, and tested with all my Contax 645 AF lenses without the issues mentioned above, ie. lost information when woke up after sleep mode etc. Camera is S2 about a year old, all lenses are from my previous Contax system. I tend to think Leica might have reacted...
  6. P

FS: Alpa Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital HR 4.5/28mm

Is it a Sironar, or a Digaron?
  7. P

How is your Aptus when working outdoors

I have been working with Aptus II 10R with my Hasselblad 503 / SWC and Alpa 12 cameras in situations you mentioned without issues. Some advised to wrap the back with materials similar to what is used for "ladies panty hose or stockings" when shoot in dusty environments. I haven't tried this way...
  8. P

Leica S2 w/ warranty

Thanks for confirmation.
  9. P

Leica S2 w/ warranty

Thanks.
  10. P

Leica S2 w/ warranty

May I know which lens ws it in the picture? 70? Regards Philip
  11. P

Just thinking of a volte face

I might be wrong but the 40 HR SB works with 17 t/s mount but not the 34 if focusing to infinity is needed. Philip
  12. P

Digital Transitions Visualizer - Lens Equivalency Made Easy

Thanks Doug, a very nice little tool! Hope it can be downloaded for use in the field at the more remote part of the world. I'll pay for it. Good work! Philip
  13. P

Leaf shutter vs focal plane shutter

Thanks a lot for sharing. What Alpa had done for the FPS shutter is awesome. Might seek a chance to try on it. Philip
  14. P

Arca Cube Help

+1! With the new type you have to use brute force to remove the flip lock clamp. I nearly broke mine to have it replaced by screw clamp. Philip