The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by philipus

1. philipus

Is there an overview somewhere of Hasselblad H cameras?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think it's inspiring to see that other photographers use similar setups. The main reason that I am not now considering the X system or other more current camera is cost. I can find the H cameras quite inexpensively in my native Sweden. But hopefully my X1...
  2. philipus

Thank you very much Dave and Peter. I feel somewhat stupid for not even having thought of checking the Wikipedia first. The overview of the H cameras on that page is really helpful and exactly what I was looking for. I actually have the Wildi book but it's from 2008 or thereabouts so doesn't...
  3. philipus

Hello everybody I'm trying to find an overview comparing the specs of all H series cameras. Does anyone know if that exists? My onlinesearch-fu capabilities are apparently too feeble to reveal any such comparisons. Thank you kindly in advance Philip
  4. philipus

Cursing in church? 3rd party ink cartridges for the Canon Pro-1000

Hello everybody So I've run out of ink in my beloved Pro-1000 and as this is the first set of cartridges to run out for me I am wondering about third-party ink cartridges. Here in the Netherlands there are a few places that sell them, such as 123inkt.nl. I used their third-party cartridges...
  5. philipus

Canon Pro-1000 ink question

Ok thank you very much Matt. I will play around a bit and see what happens. My first impression of the printer is that it is a very solid piece of kit. br Philip
  6. philipus

Thank you Matt, well that at least is positive. A bit worrying, though, that the maintenance cartridge fills upp already before anything has been done with the printer. I am going to try those settings Sabin recommends. Are you using them? br Philip
  7. philipus

Hi all I just took delivery of a Pro-1000 which I set up today. Am I right in believing that they ship with full cartridges? If so, why does the print utility read like this after only the setup procedure? I've read with interest posts about ink wastage, esp by Sabin, and wonder if the above...
  8. philipus

FS Leica APO-Summicron-M 75 ASPH (located in EU)

I'm selling my 75 APO which dates from 2004. Price 2100 Eur. It is optically and mechanically perfect and was calibrated to factory specs by Newoldcamera in 2016. The focus action is very nice with good resistance and the lens has distinct aperture stops. There is some oil on the aperture...
  9. philipus

M4 questions

I was recommended by a Leica repair technician not to use that strap on the M4 because the lugs are of softer material (brass?). Not sure if this is true for all M4s (mines a black paint) but the lugs on my camera were visibly very thin and were replaced. Some straps have a leather protector...
  10. philipus

Tapatalk enabled for mobile users

Hello Any update on if or when tapatalk will be enabled? Would be great to be able to access the forum on the phone. Best Philip
  11. philipus

More M240 sample images

Seeing this, and knowing these are internet images, I'm happy I'm remaining film-only. These snaps could have been taken with a C-Lux imho. That being said, a proper test and evaluation will be interesting to see.
  12. philipus

The slow lenses

I have a Hektor 13.5/4.5 LTM from 1938, which I use on my M6TTL. I shot most of my surfing photos with it (shameless plug) philipus.com » Surfers The long focus throw is both a blessing and a curse. Insanely precise but rather slow for action shots. I also have a 9cm/4 Elmar from 1934 which...