The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by picman

1. picman

Paragraphica Hoax?

Anyone else think this is a hoax? https://bjoernkarmann.dk/project/paragraphica
  2. picman

A7r IV

Thanks for your reply, only saw it now. Itoo love the Batis lenses and quite enjoy the 16-35f4. Seems we have similar taste 😄
  3. picman

A7r IV

Hi, could you post some comparison shots?
  4. picman

Good/bad copies of Sony 24-70 f/4 lens?

I use test charts to do an indoor verification of the decentering and resolution and I also do some outdoor shots. Thus for instance my first copy of the 16-35 Zeiss f4 was decentered and had to be returned. Second copy was fine. The 24-70 was fine from the first copy.
  5. picman

Good/bad copies of Sony 24-70 f/4 lens?

Absolutely, and I am lucky to have a very good copy. Hence I never understood the negative comments on line, but sample variation is a possibility of course.
  6. picman

What's the consensus of the Sony A7RII now?

:loco: :facesmack: :ROTFL: :thumbdown: :LOL:
  7. picman

Anymore Zeiss Batis lenses planned for 2018 release?

Well it turned out to be a 40! See https://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/int/photography/products/batis-lenses/batis-240cf.html
  8. picman

Anyone using Capture One Express for Sony?

I have all the usual suspects (C1 Pro, LR and DxO PhotoLab). I use C1 90% of the time, raw conversion, colors, speed, workflow, all suit me best. However do not dismiss DxO PhotoLab. IMHO it has the very best noise reduction, much better than either C1 or LR, so in case of heavy noise due to...
  9. picman

Sony Firmware Updater a Major Security Risk?

Considering that most people had already used the updater, prior to this warning, at some time or another what should we do? Is there any software or files we could look for and that should be removed from the computer? I have Avast on my computers.
  10. picman

Any suggestions on good adapter for M lenses to E mount

I've had very good experience with the Novoflex adapter. In my case it is for Contax lenses (Contax Distagon 28/f2 -the Hollywood lens-, Contax S-Planar 60mm f2.8 (macro) and Planar 100mm f2, all West Germany made). It is for manual focusing, but all work perfectly, snug fit, perfect focus. I...
  11. picman

A9: coming soon to you ...

And I am still on my 2 A900's! AF speed is of no importance to me as I use it almost exclusively for landscape photography.
  12. picman

What Was Your First Camera

Zeiss Ikon Contaflex, soon to be followed by the legendary Contax RTS
  13. picman

Do the math - focal length and Format demystified

A guy who does not know that P divided by squareroot of P simply equals squareroot of P is telling us how to do the math with measurements :ROTFL:
  14. picman

LR lens corrections

Thanks Godfrey, very informative! Cheers, Bob.
  15. picman

LR lens corrections

Are the lenscorrection profiles in LR5 of the same quality as those in DxO? In particular are they provided by Adobe or some PRO lab, or are they user-made? Thanks, cheers, Bob.