The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by pjphoto59

1. pjphoto59

Ricoh GR2 Handgrip - Help please!

I have a GR2 and find the handgrip is coming off. Two places are affected: The curved part at the top of the handgrip is bulging out leaving a gap about 2mm in the centre by the front wheel, and on the back the flat part by the 4-way controller is peeling up. I would appreciate if anyone...
  2. pjphoto59

Lunar Eclipse

I tried long and hard to shoot the Lunar Eclipse with my Oly OMD-EM5 but it was so dark I could not find it on the screen. Tried again with the RX10:
  3. Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

Lunar eclipse RX10 shot
  4. pjphoto59

Sony RX100 - getting started

Getting a usable picture of cycle racing with an RX100, excellent stuff! Now back to the pier, you have shown me yours so here is mine. Rather unpromising light this misty morning. http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/7/6/_dsc3923-bw.jpg
  5. Redcar Beach

Redcar Beach

Cinema on the remains of Victoria Pier Coatham
  6. pjphoto59

Excellent! Well done, especially number 2 - the bloke on the bike is a master stroke.
  7. pjphoto59

We have one about the same size as that, but very much less elegant. Ours is the stump of the old Coatham Pier and is now the Regent Cinema, still in a poor state after taking a beating in the storm last December 5th. It was used for filming the bar scene in the "Atonement" film in 2006. I'll...
  8. pjphoto59

I like the look of yours, but my poles are bigger than your poles, ,
  9. pjphoto59

Went on the beach yesterday with my RX100, managed to shoot the windfarm using the Panorama function. To my mind the panoramas it produces are too long. Managed to get all 27 turbines and crop it to a good shape...
  10. Redcar Windfarm

Redcar Windfarm

Shot with RX100 panorama function
  11. pjphoto59

Where's the fun with the RX10?

On my Olympus cameras you can reverse the direction of the focus (which is electrically powered), but sadly not the zoom ring, which is reassuringly mechanical, at least on all the lenses that I have. Glad the RX10 is working well for you. What do you think of the IQ from the lens?
  12. pjphoto59

I had high hopes for the stepped zoom, which had worked so well for me on the Ricoh GX100, but I had to give up in the end simply because the zoom direction is the "wrong" way for me. I use the toggle in front of the shutter button for zooming - at least that works the same way as the RX100...
  13. pjphoto59

Welcome to the elite band of RX10 camera owners! I certainly had no intention of putting anyone off buying one. Thanks for the tip about putting favorite settings on a memory setting. I will try it. Maybe MEM 1 at 50mm and MEM 2 at 100, then it will be like choosing to start with 24mm...
  14. pjphoto59

I have had the RX10 for about six months now. I have used it quite a lot and have become accustomed to it. It is a very convenient way to carry a camera with a 24-200 EFL f2.8 lens. It sits well in the hand and controls are well placed. Only two “niggles”: (1) The zoom is slow to operate...
  15. pjphoto59

Lumix FZ1000 - 16x zoom, 1" sensor, 4k video

The RX100 series has been upgraded about once a year. The RX10 was announced in October last year so maybe not long to wait. If it follows the pattern it will be RX10 ll, not RX20.