The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by pollobarca

1. pollobarca

Micro 4/3 lenses and filters

I know that a UV filter cuts UV and a polariser removes glare. To be honest I had used the polariser only for photos of lakes or to remove reflections on leaves in macro. First time in the mountains and it made the pictures brighter and clearer. I have two CPL filters, a normal Hoya and a Hoya...
  2. pollobarca

Looking round the web there are people who say UV filters do nothing and others say they do something. All I know is that my first day out at 1700 metres (San Vigilio in Marebbe) the pix were pretty dull straight from the camera. Next day with the Polarizer , the colours were much brighter. That...
  3. pollobarca

I use a Hoya CP to remove reflections but It is very difficult to set up on the 14.42 kit lens with my e-pl1. Last year (not with e-pl1 but with a c5050z ) I used the same filter at 2500 mtres as I had forgotten the UV at home. Worked nicely. b rgds paul
  4. pollobarca

Anyone ever gutted a P&S to mod it?

You could trim a Ricoh lens tube to add a Nikon wce68 to the GX100. I took 3mm off the tube. Works some. But others file off a bit of the nikon converter to totally remove vignetting. You end up with a 16mm wide angle equivalent on the GX100. Anyone ever tried to make a sensor angle so that...
  5. pollobarca

close-up photos for a food critic??

Yes, what is needed is a camera with proven macro capability. there are some cameras which also include a "food" setting for photographing plates of grub. I believe the E-p1 from Olympus has this. Best to check it out though. The E-PL1 does not but it still photographs food ok. Attached is one...
  6. pollobarca

close-up photos for a food critic??

My Ricoh GX100 has always worked splendidly for this sort of picture. Now I would buy the GX200! Some examples The GX100 or 200 is small enough , sturdy, and with care takes great pictures. b rgds paul
  7. pollobarca

Car behind Bars

Paranoia rules it seems. I think the bars cost more than the damage.... Nice capture Lili
  8. pollobarca

More Small Sensor Fun

Hullo All, I've been off a long time, working and all has kept me from the camera (GX100)- Well we took out 4 days in Seville Spain. The little Ricoh performed perfectly (apart from cold and batteries) and I am still working on the pictures. Here are the first on Flickr...
  9. pollobarca

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Hullo to you all, I'm new to this thread having just obtained an Oly E-PL1. I am on the small sensor forum with my GX100. I have had the camera two weeks now and enjoying it immensely, although a little perplexed about the RAW files not working in RawTherapee. Solved by converting them to DNG. A...
  10. pollobarca

More Small Sensor Fun

Went to Seville Spain last week. Busy working on the pictures , here is a first one , Only had my little gx100 and a bad position to get this:- More will follow. Some sad news too- my Olympus c5050z has gone to wherever cameras go when they die... Now I need to convince other family members...
  11. pollobarca

Shadows and Lines.

Well seen and executed. A lovely shot.
  12. pollobarca

Dad's Recovery

Otumay, hope things continue to improve for your dad. b rgds paul
  13. pollobarca

More Small Sensor Fun

Good o see you back Wouter. Too much good stuff coming on again here! I must tell work to go f... itself and get back to the camera.
  14. pollobarca

TZ10 (ZS7) GPS locations database

If the DB is on your SD card I would think a file recovery program might be able to help. There are some free ones about. Back up what you have first though! Any chance of seeing some PIX? best of luck paul
  15. pollobarca

Falling Light

Nice work Lili. Same here, going quietly crazy with work overloads.... b rgds paul