The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by popum

1. popum

WTB UV/IR Filters for M8

I've got a B&W 43mm UVIR CUT MRC 486. No longer have an M8. It is in like new condition. Mike
  2. popum

What's what on the OMD!

When I use a small focus square I loose the highlight/shadow blinkies. Is there a way to have both the small square and the blinkies?
  3. popum

Olympus OM-D whirring noise

Found a post from Olympus Technical Support that says it is the IS and can be heard even when the IS is turned off. Guess I'll have to decide how bothersome it really is.
  4. popum

You may be correct, but I still have the noise when IS is turned off.
  5. popum

My OM-D just arrived with the kit lens. Looks great, feels great in the hand. However, when it is turned on there is constant low level whirring noise. The noise goes away when shooting video. I'm wondering if this is the same for all cameras or if I have a problem. Mike
  6. popum

X-100 EVF

Nice photos. How did you convert to monochrome?
  7. popum

FS: Complete M8 kit

I’m selling my M8 kit. I would prefer local pick-up in SW Connecticut or Manhattan. This package is all you need to get started with an M8 and take pictures immediately. The package includes: M8 in perfect mechanical condition and very good cosmetic condition Two Leica batteries Thumbs up CV...
  8. popum

WTB: 28/3.5 Color Skopar

Thanks for the heads-up. I ended up buying a new one and it has become my daytime lens on the M8.
  9. popum

FS: 40mm f1.4, Luigi case, ZS3, more

Raining today, so I cleaned out the camera cabinet of things I don’t use much (or at all). Voightlander 40mm f1.4 MC in Leica M mount. I bought this lens for a project, used it that once and not again. The lens is terrific and fast, but I can’t get used to the 40mm field of view. The lens has a...
  10. popum

FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

Sale pending
  11. popum

Thanks Bradmill, I'll keep you in mind. Mike
  12. popum

No it does not. Mike
  13. popum

I’m selling my beautiful M6 TTL with the .58 viewfinder. This is the Leica for those who wear glasses or just like to shoot wide. I wear glasses and love it with a 35mm lens. Serial number is 2720xxx. The camera is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. From a cosmetic point of view...
  14. popum

Silvestri

David is a close friend of mine and an upright guy. You can feel safe doing business with him. Mike
  15. popum

WTB: 28/3.5 Color Skopar

Thanks for your replies. Its funny, the M8 that this lens will go on is Stuart's. The four of us were with Guy, Bob, Helen, et al on the NYC shoot a couple of years ago. Terry - If a black one doesn't turn up I will get back to you on the silver. Tim - Thanks, but 21 is wide for me too. I want...