The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by postman

1. P

X2D + new lenses: first impressions

I love the feel of the X2D. The size is about right. I like it more than the SL, way more than the Phase XF and it balances in the hand like my D2X did back in the day. I think it will be uber comfortable to hand carry for long periods. I do not have Hasselblad lenses yet, so I am shooting with...
  2. P

X2D + new lenses: first impressions

Are you saying live histogram i.e. before capture? Because histograms and blinkies are available on a captured image..
  3. P

IQ250 Upgrade.

Thank-you. And thank-you Capture Integration. Not sure what is going on for PhaseOne.com today. Their main site for me redirects to : https://brv060.wixsite.com/phaseone/
  4. P

IQ250 Upgrade.

Haven't used my IQ250 in awhile. I noticed that the firmware is at 1.05.1 and 5.x is the latest. So I want to upgrade the firmware but I can't get to PhaseOne's upgrade site. Been trying all day. I assume the URL is wrong...
  5. P

Leica SL2 Lenses.

I am looking for a good quality, weather sealed/auto focus lens for the Leica SL2. 35/50mm. I have a bunch of M Lenses and the Monochrome is my main camera. I am trying not to spend a ton of money on Leica SL lenses. I have a TL 70-135 but full frame, weather sealed, auto focus would be great...
  6. P

Rodenstock 28mm HR APO-Sironar / Capture One / Lens Profile

Ben, I am Arca user, currently, which Alpa app are you referring too? Thanks, Garry.
  7. P

Rodenstock 28mm HR APO-Sironar / Capture One / Lens Profile

Another lens question. CaptureOne does not provide a Lens profile for this lens, or its successor. I am curious if anybody has created one that works, or if they use one of the other profiles. Thanks in advance.
  8. P

IQ250 Lens Question.

I currently own a IQ 250 and will upgrade when possible to an IQ3 100 (probably). I want to use a Rodenstock 45mm Sironar Digital. Does anybody have any thoughts on the suitability of this lens with the IQ 250. Thanks in advance.
  9. P

Long exposure artifacts. IQ250

Closed it was. So I’ll see what Lee Filters has to say and do a little more testing.
  10. P

Reading an FAQ at Lee Filters support site this morning they mention that all light must be prevented through the view-finder. I did not have the prism-finder on the XF, I had the waist-level finder (closed). I wonder if it allowed light to leak into the camera. Has anybody ever noticed light...
  11. P

It was bloody cold out! :-) and I spent a lot of time cursing the LENR phase. The IQ250 is a great back. I am not a fan of it being less than full frame and I was upset that I lost the use of my Rodenstock 35mm (Arca R Mount), I am thinking about getting a 40R for the wide angle and just...
  12. P

The far left light in the 25m exposure using the little stopper (6 stops) does not show flare, but a 30m exposure I did using a big stopper (10stops) does have a flare in that location. I am trying to determine if this is a IQ250 Long Exp. Artifact. A Mamiya 105-210 artifact or a Lee filters...
  13. P

Thanks for responses so far. I circled the artifacts in green. I have also added an image that was taken with a 60 second exposure without the little stopper. I used a 0.9 soft transition neutral grad on the foreground that was being lit by lights behind me, and then closest to the lens was...
  14. P

Can anybody tell me why I am getting the elliptical artifacts that occur in this image. The clearest is just to the left of the cooling tower, though there are many many of them. This was a 24m exposure using a 6 stop (big stopper), IQ 250, XF and a Mamiya 105-210 set at 180mm. Thanks in advance.