The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ramosa

1. R

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

Tempted, too. I downsized my camera gear to just a Leica Q-P in January 2020 (being without a Leica M for the first time since 2008), but have had a hankering lately for a longer FoV. A 40mm perspective would be great. Plus, over the years, I have used and enjoyed the Ricoh GRD and GR i...
  2. R

Leica M monochrom 246 corrosion issues

Correct: The problem was limited to the M9 and MM1 with the original CCD sensor.
  3. R

The Leica Q2

All, A recent find online: https://www.dxomark.com/leica-q-2-sensor-review/ While I’m not a big fan of DXO ratings, this may be of interest here. Regardless, I find the Q2 to be a very interesting camera. I’m trying to control the urge to sell another camera to buy a Q2 ;) ... I have...
  4. R

The Leica Q2

Dust on the Q2’s sensor? I don’t want to hear that, and I don’t even have a Q2.
  5. R

finally GR3

Godfrey: Thank you for your helpful input here, which has me thinking more about the current iPhone options. Alas, if we're pushing the limits of this thread, it was certainly my doing. Pardon that, all!
  6. R

finally GR3

I definitely ended up liking the X113 more than I thought I would, including the aspects that you mention. Your comment about iPhones is on point for me, too. I'm still using an iPhone 5s (pretty much for an occasional call or text and GPS) and have been wondering if an upgrade to a XR (or...
  7. R

finally GR3

Thanks for the input on the CL, Godfrey. Actually, yesterday, I cancelled my preorder of the GR III--not because I don't think it'll be a solid camera, but because I'd prefer to wait until mid to late summer if I'm going to pull the trigger on a new camera purchase. Anyway, your mention of your...
  8. R

finally GR3

In my opinion, the GR is a mighty different beast than the Q. You hit on some of the major differences. For me, I would use the cameras very differently—with the GR being a carry-everywhere camera while the Q is more of a camera I’d take along when I knew I was heading out for photography. I had...
  9. R

finally GR3

Preorders anyone? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1461388-REG/ricoh_15039_gr_iii_digital_camera.html
  10. R

finally GR3

It looks like the GR III will be available very soon: https://photorumors.com/2019/02/19/the-new-ricoh-gr-iii-camera-will-be-announced-this-week/
  11. R

Leica M10-P

That's the one I'm waiting for, Jono! (Thanks for your thoughts on the M10-P, with these improvements--I'd hope--carrying over to the M10 Mono.)
  12. R

I would like

Close, but no AF (as mentioned by the poster) ...
  13. R

I would like

Leica Q35 or Q40 or Q50--and I'm in. I'm hoping one will be announced at Photokina. If not, I will remain Leica-less (for the first time since 2008).
  14. R

X-Pro2

Jono's reply, by the way, is a great one. It effectively (and even politely) moves us all past a somewhat trollish, incendiary comment, but it also builds upon the discussion knowledge base (in terms of the 4m dots), provides some early support for this camera (from a well-known camera...