The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by RayM

1. R

SOLD: 45mm f3.5 Hartblei Super Rotator Mamiya Mount

Hi Jack, thank you for letting me know. I've now PMed Graham Welland about his 45. Thanks again, Ray PS that 150 is just a beautiful lens. The term "scary sharp" comes to mind as not being at all over-stating it.
  2. R

Hi Ken, thank you for the intel. OK, so let me get this right, this lens will work for tilts and shifts on my 645DF body and with my P40+, if so that sounds great. Jack could I please have dibs on this and I'll continue working with you about it later when I get home. [Jack, not sure if you...
  3. R

Hi Jack, So sorry for the typo, let me try that again. This lens doesn't allow for tilt, right?? Thank you, Ray
  4. R

This Jack, this doesn't allow tilt, right? Thank you, Ray
  5. R

WTB: Leica WATE w/ Frankenfinder

Hi, yes, I have both, perfect condition, boxes, etc., I'm THINKING of selling them, but I'm in no rush whatsoever. Ray
  6. R

How to clean dust in 645DF viewfinder?

Dan, a word of caution. Be very careful in how you handle the focusing screen, as in, handle by the edges only, or with a tweezer tool only. Those things scuff very easily, and they attract and hold on to dust/lint like crazy. The task itself is doable, but use caution. Ray
  7. R

M9 Raw compressed vs uncompressed, any difference?

Thanks all, I recently shot a large number of photos in compressed mode without realizing it and they looked terrific, a most pleasant surprise. I'm liking the availability of having an option! Again, the results are really good.
  8. R

M9 Raw compressed vs uncompressed, any difference?

Just wondering if anybody out there is seeing any difference in the quality of M9 uncompressed versus compressed raw files? Thanks.
  9. R

Visoflex info please

Thanks Alan, I've now ordered the Visoflex III, 65 elmar, and an adapter, and I'll see how it goes! It does indeed very direct, and I suspect that once I handle it and see how it all fits together, it'll be one of those, "OK, now I get it" moments. Again, thanks, Ray
  10. R

Visoflex info please

Thank you for the tip, Jaap, I hadn't thought of looking at the wiki site. Ray
  11. R

Visoflex info please

You're absolutely right! I like to fiddle with things too, like getting an M image just right. And, yes, I will take my time figuring out what the right things are. It'll take me some time, to be sure. Thanks again, Ray
  12. R

Visoflex info please

Thanks Phil and Chuck. I'm starting to familiarize myself with the parts and hunt around on the internet for them. I haven't bought any of the pieces yet, but I'm reasonably certain I will. It looks like a klutzy BUT very effective way to add some wonderful glass and added functionality to the M...
  13. R

Visoflex info please

Thanks Doug and Phil. It sounds like the typical rig would include an adapter for the specific lens, am I getting that right? Even for the 65? And, I believe I've read that with the proper adapter, a person could even use Leica R lenses? Sure sounds like there are some interesting options. I...
  14. R

Visoflex info please

Hi, Looking for information on using the Visoflex III with the M9. Having just learned about this very interesting contraption, I am completely unfamiliar with the Visoflex and while I've done some searches on using one, I can't find very specific information on which pieces I'd need to use it...
  15. R

MF digital newbies, so what have you learned

I'm into my second MF system, the first was the Contax 645 and Phase P30+ system; my current system is the Phase DF and P40+ system. I've learned so much about MF digital in these two years since moving from a full frame Canon system, it's hard to pinpoint the primary lessons I've learned. I'm...