The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by retow

1. R

Sigma DP3 Merrill - best of shots

Good old Merrills. I still have all three of them and this thread reminded me to dust them off and use them more in 2021. In their comfort zones, still nothing can touch them. Two shots from Valencia in 2013.
  2. R

Fuji GFX 50r vs Sony A7Riv

Toddlers? Mine is 18 months and fast but the A7rIV's eye AF does its job reliably.
  3. R

Fujifilm X100V

Not to forget the built in flash, leaf shutter and flash sync speed.
  4. R

Em5iii

You know the saying. Don't try to catch falling knifes. L-mount prices will head only one way. On paper the L-mount alliance convinces. In reality though, size and weight of what they want an aging FF camera customer base to lug around will hardly find a lot of buyers.
  5. R

Em5iii

A system is made by the sum of its parts. The sensor is just one to consider. I gave the X-trans sensors a chance, more than once. But the results never convinced me. But maybe it was just my pp incompetence or unwillingness to jump though extra loops to squeeze the max out of its raw files.
  6. R

My Take on the new Leica SL2

There ain't no manufacturers of complex products fully backwards integrated anymore. Maybe it's time for some relaxant? But bear in mind, the API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) of US/EU or whatever branded pharmaceutical might very well be made in India or China.:ROTFL:
  7. R

Fun w/Digital M Images

Be warned Porsche GAS is as incurable as Leica GAS is:grin:
  8. R

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

It's a small world (RX100V). I prefer your composition and the Ricoh's file, though.
  9. R

Jono's review is up

Comments you want? Instead of writing about pretty much every make and model in almost all posts in which gear is being discussed and speculating about switching from A to B to C I'd buy and try all of them to then choose the one I really wanted and sell the rest. Costly of course, but...
  10. R

A7r IV

My vacuum cleaner is a robot. I call him Joe. He learned our floorplan in 2 training days. Since then he does the job reliably, never asks for a raise, for a vacation, for better working conditions, never calls in for sick days. I wished there was as good a solution for cleaning large windows...
  11. R

Ricoh GR III - anyone else getting excited?

And for MC cliche:
  12. R

Ok, it works:cool:. Sharp optics (we did not expect less from Ricoh, did we), lots of micro contrast, quite nice jpegs, great high contrast B&W setting, and 24MP of aps-c resolution in a shirt pocket as the icing on the cake. Just a few random snaps from Monte Carlo taken before going into a...
  13. R

I received the GRIII two days ago but could only play around with it in the living room so far. First impressions are positive with built quality comparable to the GRII. Touch screen works smooth and touch-focus or touch-focus-shoot options are very useful. Start up time is considerably faster...
  14. R

The Leica Q2

Alternatively they could bring a Q2 sibling with a 40 f2 (or 35) and a wide angle converter.
  15. R

The Leica Q2

Thanks Jono for an excellent review of a convincing Leica. I wished it had a f2 or faster 35mm lens & wide angle converter.....:cry: