The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by richardman

1. R

FS: Leica M7 $2400

Leica M7 for sale. User conditions but work great. Rangefinder accurate with no alignment issue. Shutter speeds sound accurate. Meter works great. There is a slight peel on the lower left corner of the film panel on the back. Some wear marks. Strap is included. Original box is included. $2400...
  2. R

203FE purchase advise

My point is that the 2xx series is not significantly more risky to own than the 5xx series. Sure, more risky because fewer tech are available, but the difference is overblown, IMHO
  3. R

203FE purchase advise

Cameras with electronics had been around since the 70s or earlier. Most of them "die" not because of the electronics, but by people putting them on the shelves. As long as there are some technicians willing to touch them, it's not a problem.
  4. R

203FE purchase advise

You sell your F/E lens and buy the C lens. You will come out ahead. There's literally no downside of owning a 203FE other than the minor thing of higher cost
  5. R

203FE purchase advise

I'm the contrarian. I love my 203FE, and expect it to OUTLAST me. Also, guess what you can do if you absolutely cannot use the electronic? No, it's not a brick, it acts EXACTLY like a 5xx camera. And the lenses are best of the best Hasselblad Zeiss. e.g. the 50/2.8 is FLE except that you do...
  6. R

203FE purchase advise

Production ends on the 2xx in early 2000s with few parts available, but if you get it a good one and CLA, it should last many years.
  7. R

203FE purchase advise

Talk to Wilco Jansen in Netherlands, he works on the 2xx series. Also try these people Southern Photo Technical Service (305)653-7355 Toll Free: (866)787-4349 37 NE 167th Street, North Miami Beach, Florida 33162 Someone has their 203FE worked on by them very recently. Ignore the Hassy "big...
  8. R

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Most of the reviewers do not use the V cameras, and as a 203FE + II 50C user, I doubt that combo would be much improved by using the 100C back. In fact, may bring more frustration. So the future of the 907X IS going to be for people who want the smallest MF camera but with limitation of no-IBIS...
  9. R

That's FMA, fused multiple and add. Perfect for those vector processing units, but they probably run too hot in a camera, so more likely custom ASIC
  10. R

I forgot the exact spec, but the readout speed is quite a bit faster. I have been using the 907x+CFV II 50C for a few walk-around sessions. It's a lot of fun.
  11. R

The CFV II 50C works great with 200 and 2000 cameras, so no reasons why the 100C would not work at least as well.
  12. R

Does the CFV 100C transmit the back ISO to the 203FE camera or is that still not done (and it cannot be done)?
  13. R

New MF camera from Gibellini

I was one of the first customers for his 4x5, and now I have the AG810 as well. Almost certainly (without actual data), that the initial versions will not be in the premium gold plate category. I mean, it will be expensive, but probably not far from Cambo, or lower end of Alpa etc. The gold...
  14. R

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I have nailed focus with the 110/2 at F2 with the CFV II 50C. What it is, for me anyway, is that my eyes would get tired and I could miss focus if I don't let them rest. I think it's more the nature of the Hassy focusing system. I have used the CFV specific Acute Matte D screen with the crop...