The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by routlaw

1. routlaw

Help with Canon Pro 4100 error message when sending to printer

Curious, I've been using the Canon printer software for years with nearly no issues at all. First on the iPF 8300 and now the Pro 4100. However I will say the newer printer software designed for the Pro 4100 printer could have only been invented and designed by a deeply troubled mind. Its not...
  2. routlaw

Apple Pro Display verse Eizo CG319x

I don't have an answer for you, but have also been researching new monitors lately too. My NEC PA271W is at least 10 years old and while still working probably should be replaced. Regarding your two choices, in many ways those two are apples and oranges comparison partly because of the size, 27...
  3. routlaw

Help with Canon Pro 4100 error message when sending to printer

I also have the 4100 printer and the only time I receive this message or anything similar is if I have failed to have the USB cable connected to my Mac Pro while sending a file to the printer. You might double check those connections if you haven't already. If using a wireless connection, which...
  4. routlaw

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Madison River Sunset, Montana. Nikon Z7/35mm 1.8 Lens/F8@125 sec
  5. routlaw

XQD or CF Express?

I have been using a Lightning to SD card reader with no issues what so ever. However even if I use a docking station (self powered) I can't get the iPad Pro to recognize the XQD card and reader which to my way of thinking should work since the docking station would also be powering the XQD card...
  6. routlaw

XQD or CF Express?

I have the iPad Pro, but it is an early model, forget what year exactly. I consistently have had extremely poor luck with snap bridge, gave up on it a long time ago due to the signal dropping out loosing connection. Not sure I have ever tried a USB-C to Lighting cable for a direct connection...
  7. routlaw

XQD or CF Express?

Sorry have not been around in a long time or on any forum for that matter, but just to be clear with these CFexpress cards and appropriate reader one can actually download images from a Z7 onto an iPad, correct? This has frustrated me to no end while on location and not wanting to bring a laptop...
  8. routlaw

Nikon travel the world kit

For me either the Z7 (which I own) or Z6 given its a bit faster. Lenses, 24-70 F4, 14-30, 35 1.8, and FTZ with the 70-200 F4. RRS lightweight CF tripod, with BH-40 bullhead. Packs, well I've never found the perfect pack but its not for lack of trying. By now I've owned and used a couple of dozen...
  9. routlaw

Nikon Z7 EVF

I've not seen this myself… yet anyway, but have only had this camera a month or two and mostly inside studio photography with a couple of short field trips. Thanks
  10. routlaw

EN EL 15b - a case of fake batteries.

FWIW, I also bought a second "NIKON" battery (local dealer) with my Z7 and have not experienced any of these issues… yet. I also swap the D810 batteries back and forth with the Z7 and D810 with no issues what so ever thus far. I'm lucky in that we have an awesome dealer here in my area. Hope...
  11. routlaw

Nikon Z 14-30

Just yesterday I was able to nab one of these lenses at our local camera store, the only one they had available. Thus far I've only had time to experiment with it in our backyard so nothing serious yet. However my initial reaction is quite positive so far. Most of what I have shot with it has...
  12. routlaw

Technical Service Advisory for Nikon Z 6 and Z 7 Cameras

Thanks for the heads up on this and the link, luckily my Z7 is also not affected
  13. routlaw

Fun with Nikon Images

Nice! Although I would have preferred closing in a bit more on the subject. I have this lens, its amazing IMO, extremely sharp right out to the edges.
  14. routlaw

Fun with Nikon Images

Many thanks!
  15. routlaw

Nikon Images thread, where did it go?

This is really weird, no sooner had I posted the above comment, go back to the Nikon thread and there it is the image thread. Either that or my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. :loco: