The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by RS

1. R

Anyone used a 28mm 1.9 Ultron Voightlander with their M9?

Not sure if it helps but I like the lens on m8. I have a used black one for about 9 months (not sure it is heavier/lighter than chrome though, never tried it) Some of my thoughts: Big lens Low contrast Hood cuts into view finder quite a lot No hood still cuts into view finder quite a bit No...
  2. R

Vienna, Austria

Thanks for all the hints and response. Leaving in a few hours so I definitely need to pack. I will go with the gears that I have and see what photos I get.
  3. R

Vienna, Austria

Thanks for the tip. I guess I will bring the VC 40 f1.4 too just in case. Yes, coffee house (and chocolate cake) is definitely on the list Will probably head out to Salzburg, some castles, and Hallstatt along the way... Sorry forgot to mention, I am using an m8...
  4. R

Vienna, Austria

I am leaving for Vienna next week. What should I expect? I am thinking of using the VC 28mm f1.9 exclusively and leaving the 40 f1.4 behind. I will use a fuji xf-1 as a low light / back up. What do you guys think?
  5. R

Lens advice for mixed M8/35mm outfit or upgrade to M9

Thanks for asking the question OP :) Personally, I just bought a VC 28mm f1.9 for my m8 2 days ago off the world's biggest auction site and am waiting for delivery. I will stay in this focal length for a while to see how I like it. I have tried the 28mm Elmarit ASPH previously and it is...
  6. R

New to the Rangefinder world... need advice on technique

I had my first range finder (m8) about 1 year ago coming from a nikon d40/d50 (which I believe share the same sensor as the RD-1)so there are lots of people with more experience than me here...These are what I have found/learned so far 1. most faster lens do focus shift (when you change your...
  7. R

Showoff thread

Maybe this will provide some "additional" inspiration...Obviously this isn't mine but something I found on the internet... Leica M9 P White Chrome Noctilux M 50mm F0 95 Rare Limited Edition 19 50 | eBay LEICA M9-P WHITE + CHROME NOCTILUX-M 50mm f0.95 NIB RARE *Limited Edition #19/50...
  8. R

Hasselblad Lunar

I think this is the real LUNAR Hasselblad 500EL Electic Camera Nasa Lunar Apollo Mission 80mm 250mm Rare | eBay Hasselblad 500EL ELECTIC CAMERA NASA Lunar Apollo Mission +80mm +250mm Rare ...This is an original Apollo Lunar Mission outfit camera made by Hasselblad for NASA in 1969...This...
  9. R

Advice REQ : what do yo do if someone USED one of your photos?

I am not a lawyer so I would say go talk to the lawyer, get some advice, and get some evidence. I would even buy the frame and keep the receipt as a souvenir of your great work. I would guess is that walmart will blame the manufacturer (hometrends) since most items on sale through consignment...
  10. R

Celebrities and Leicas

LomoCelebs: Brad Pitt's Black & White Portraits of Angelina Jolie - Lomography
  11. R

Rangefinder lenses clearance: Leica, Nikon, Voigtlander

Which version is your voigtlander 15mm f4.5?
  12. R

Any "Demo M240" in Toronto?

Vistek? Photocreative? drive down 401 to leica boutique? drive the other direction down 401 to BJ photo?
  13. R

Full Voigtländer 21mm f/1.8 Ultron Review

:thumbup: for the review... My guess is that everyone is selling lens to finance their new M so interest is low?
  14. R

Which 21mm for M9?

Double Negative: How does this lens look without the coding? I have an m8 and am curious of the results. Also, any obvious issues shooting indoor in really low (candle) light at minimum distance (say dinner table)? Focus shift? flare? How is the handling? My reference is a very light weight...
  15. R

Snow [FREE]

Shashin: I have some snow branded "lake effect" here. Will you do a trade?