The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rupho

1. R

Sony updates the remote app for tablets and mobiles

Remote app is great but got one big problem : once activated in camera it for some unknown reason cripples the tethering port. Is this fixed now?
  2. R

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly & remotely when shooting tethered?

Here you go http://www.eachshot.com/product/meike-mk-a7ii-pro-built-in-2-4g-wireless-control-battery-grip-for-sony-a7-ii-as-sony-vg-c2em/3344.html
  3. R

Just a quick note to say that the China made vertical handgrips from Meike I ordered works as advertised so if somebody is looking for a solution to trigger their sony remotely and stay tethered that seems to be doing the trick . The radio trigger seems to work well even around corners and...
  4. R

@ shooterSteve: in your experience what's the range on Capture pilot to laptop to work properly? I got some sketchy connectivity over distance and around corners @ digitalSteve: I ordered on of those grips now and hope it works. Thanks for the tip on the tripod mount , the manufacturer had told...
  5. R

Owen just to give you a heads up the customer service person I contacted told me that it does not have a tripod mount ,thats really a deal breaker for me. if you receive the unit could you kindly double check? thanks
  6. R

thats funny, I am also corresponding with them right now. They seem to be based in Hong Kong but no retailer carries their hand grip. I asked them about Neewer but silence, I wonder what thats all about , both products seem almost identical.
  7. R

thanks after much deliberations and even BH expert talk I could not find a solution until I stumbled over a very similar product: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UL2GA6A?&tag=briasmitphot-20 Amazon sells this Neewer hand grip and I have a feeling the one you suggested comes from the same...
  8. R

thanks Chris well in my particular case I have the camera tethered to the laptop but I need to to be able to stray away up to 150 feet from the camera to trigger it. Capture Pilot does to my knowledge not reach that far without setting up its own wifi router and I would not even need the...
  9. R

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly when shooting tethered? Here is my dilemma: the Sony got only one micro USB multi-port and that’s occupied by the tethering cable already. Important: for practical reasons I need to be able to fire the camera’s shutter from a distance of up to 50m. / 150 feet...
  10. R

A7rII Owners - List Your MINOR Complaints!

For tethered shooting the mini USB plug occupies the same port as my Remote radio trigger . I wish there was a work around to shoot tethered and use my radio trigger. Sony s own IR trigger is only good for selfies and a cable shutter release is not an option. Does anybody know for to transmit...
  11. R

HCam Master TS on Sony A7R II

Stefan Is there any chance for you to post a link to some shifted RAWS to evaluate images ? I think that would make a purchasing decision much easier Thanks Grischa
  12. R

Tethering A7RII issues

OK problem solved, C1 preferences had Sony cameras ticket off under the Capture tab, once I ticked the box I had to restart C1 and after restart I needed to acknowledge new hardware. That solved the problem Live view is available and all works like a charm
  13. R

Tethering A7RII issues

I was in the believe that Capture One 8.3.2 natively supports Sony A7RII tethering (mac Version) without need for Sony's "Play Memory" software. Camera is set to "PC Remote" yet C1 can't connect to the Sony. What am I missing? thanks Grischa
  14. R

A7RII + Cambo Actus

Can somebody confirm that the Actus does NOT have front rise? Just front tilt. Looking at the image of the camera itself it also appears that way I really don't get it why they would omit that and loose out on the architectural photographers. That need front rise and fall. Can somebody kindly...
  15. R

A7r / Arca Universalis / Canon Lenses

My adapter is from Mirex a special order apparently there are only a few of those floating around. In terms of aperture: I used a contax camera body from some random camera shop to set the aperture to 11 pressed the depth of field button and took the lens off. Same as you did with the Canons...