The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ryc

1. ryc

FS: Leica APO Summicron M 75mm f2 Asph lens

sent you a PM
  2. ryc

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

D3S and 28mm 2.8 AIS D4 and 50mm 1.2 AIS
  3. ryc

Zeiss Milvus 135. No brainer.

Been thinking of the new 105 or the Sigma 85. Although both seem great, they just didn't fill the focal length just right. But, the new Milvus is simply the crown jewel. Lots of samples here Zeiss Milvus 135mm f2 APO Sonnar. Unreal! | JORGE TORRALBA
  4. ryc

zeiss contest for free loxia or batis

Just a heads up for Sony users. Have a look at this years contest where you could win a loxia or batis! zeissimages.com Forums - 2016 - ZeissImages Contest Sponsored by Zeiss
  5. ryc

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

6. ryc

Zeiss 135mm 1.8 Sony A mount LNIB

Still available sitting lnib at home waiting for a new owner.
  7. ryc

Zeiss 135mm 1.8 Sony A mount LNIB

One of my all time favorite lenses. This is a USA model in new condition in the box and late production unit. This is truly an amazing lens. Unfortunately, it must go now. pp as gift, I will include free priority mail shipping. Hey, I will even include a B+W UV filter. 1100.00 PP as gift You...
  8. ryc

Brand new Nikon 85mm 1.4 G

I bought this lens brand new last week from an authorized dealer in Portland. It is really new! Bad thing for me is the store does not accept returns. Only exchanges. So, I am stuck with a lens I really don't want. I will sell it brand new with the original receipt so you can register it...
  9. ryc

Zeiss Batis 85 or Milvus 85

Yeap which is why if I had to pick one it would be the Batis unless I went back to Nikon.
  10. ryc

Zeiss Batis 85 or Milvus 85

I ended up with both lenses for now and wrote up a little comparison between the two with some sample images. Zeiss Civil War. Batis 85mm 1.8 vs Milvus 85mm 1.4 | JORGE TORRALBA Thanks
  11. ryc

Zeiss Milvus

I have both the 1.2 and the new milvus 1.4. There is no question the Milvus is exponentially better than the nikon in both build and optical quality. But the 1.2 is exponentially better to work with due to focus. The 1.2 is really a great street lens with the ability to focus between min...
  12. ryc

Zeiss Milvus

John glad the old Otus is still working out for you. It is amazing ! The 85 is big. Lighter than the Otus 85. Indeed it is a 77mm thread on it. I out down some details of what I think about the 85 here Zeiss Milvus 85mm and Sony A7RII
  13. ryc

Zeiss Milvus

Just a few more with the 50
  14. ryc

Zeiss Milvus

Just a few with this combo. It ain't auto focus fast but it works well enough if you eat your spinach!
  15. ryc

Just listed the SL in the classifieds

It's just not my thing. If you're a die hard Leica guy and can wait for native lenses thats fine. But I can't afford or afford to wait for more native lenses. Without the native lenses, its no better than a Sony or Fuji with adapter and with the native lens, you're limited to just one for now...