The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by schuster

1. schuster

Photoshop's Learning Curve Evaporating

From The Washington Post: "A new “generative fill” AI capability can both create joyful Photoshop edits — and frightening deepfakes." https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/06/16/ai-photoshop-generative-fill-review/ Note: To read this article, The Washington Post requires...
  2. schuster

Real world 100mp comparison (Hasselblad/Fuji/Phase One)

Probably, somewhere on the Web, is a scientific explanation about how the differences between the two are perceived. For me, it's like hearing different recordings of the same piece of music by the same orchestra, or... the difference between the same recording that's been transferred to CD and...
  3. schuster

END OF THE YEAR MESSAGE AND FUTURE OF GETDPI.COM

I've been a MF shooter for more than a half century, and that is still my "focus," but phone cameras, and associated software, are already equalling or bettering "standalone cameras" in many respects, and their capabilities are multiplying at a dizzying rate. Expanding that aspect of imaging on...
  4. schuster

Eizo CS2740

One of my NEC monitors, the MultiSync PA271W, is on its way out, after about 10 years, and I've begun looking for a replacement. The BenQ SW271C has been popping up, but I haven't seen anything negative, other than comments about the slow card reader and unnecessary puck, until I saw your post...
  5. schuster

Fun with MF images 2022

Great image of a tall building on Short Street. 😁
  6. schuster

Fun with MF images 2022

These are some of the best Aspen images that I've seen. The croppings emphasize the powerful graphic feel.
  7. schuster

Fun with MF images 2022

Perfect, Greg!
  8. schuster

Fun with MF images 2022

Titled "The Rite of Spring," after the Igor Stravinsky composition for the ballet of the same name. More than a half century ago I saw a photograph in a magazine (probably Life) of an airborne Nureyev or Baryshnikov. I thought it was made by Irving Penn, but couldn't find it on the Web. Then I...
  9. schuster

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

"Hasselblad X2D 100C: hands-on" by Damien Demolder on dpreview. https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0076555045/hasselblad-x2d-100c-hands-on
  10. schuster

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

:giggle: So true, but nonetheless, I am eagerly awaiting the inevitable Hasselblad X2D 100C v Fujifilm 100(S) comparisons to start appearing on the web.
  11. schuster

Fun with MF images 2022

Please keep us updated on the cause, Greg, maybe on the Fujifilm forum as well.
  12. schuster

Older Phase One vs CFV 50CII paired with Technical cameras (Cambo/Alpa)

Still using the good ol' IQ-160 on my Hasselblads. Beautiful files.
  13. schuster

IPhone Photos

"A Window at The Farnsworth Museum" iPhone X
  14. schuster

IPhone Photos

"Neighbor's Farm" Two images made with a shirt pocket size Canon PowerShot SD800IS and stitched together with Photoshop. Ahhh snow. Such a nice thought in the middle of August muggies.
  15. schuster

IPhone Photos

"Stream of Consciousness" Sony DSC-T1 shirt pocket camera