The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Scott G

1. S

Fun with NEX-7

Been testing a NEX7 with a Canon 24mm TS-E
  2. S

Photoshop is killing my contrast

Cindy, Some adult beverages eased the pain a little :D, but yes, very frustrating. My understanding is that only PS supports V4 profiles, while LR and C1 do not. V4 is the default mode in my ColorMunki, I have to go through preferences to change to V2. Maybe it is just my particular...
  3. S

As a followup, I posted this same issue on Adobe forums, and after many attempts at tweaking various settings, it was discovered that the ICC version number was the issue. There is ICC V2 and ICC V4 (news to me). So I made profiles in ColorMunki using both. Using V4, my images in LR and PS...
  4. S

Bob, Thanks for all of the help and guidance, I really appreciate it! Scott
  5. S

Looks like the cause was the monitor calibration from ColorMunki. When I first bought the display, and before I got the Munki, I used the Apple display calibration assistant to create a profile. When I use that profile, all is good, everything looks the same in LR, C1 and PS. I don't really...
  6. S

Color settings are: RGB: ProPhoto CMYK: US Web Coated (SWOP) v2 Gray: Dot Gain 20% Spot: Dot Gain 20% Color Management Policies are all Preserve Embedded Profiles, profile mismatch boxes are all checked to Ask When Opening C1 and LR are set up to export in ProPhoto Under View/Proof Setup...
  7. S

Thanks Bob, Just tried it, and no effect, the shadows are still way opened up in PS. If I do no adjustments at all, just save from PS to LR, it looks the way it should. :wtf:
  8. S

Hoping for some help from the experts. When I export an image to Photoshop (CS5 or CS6) from either C1 or LR3/4, the contrast of the image is radically different -- the shadows are noticeably brightened, and the midtones are decreased. The whole image looks flat. A huge and annoying...
  9. S

Capture 1, question from a total newbie

Like many others I am trying C1 for the first time, and I generally like it. I am comfortable with the processing pieces although there is much more to learn, sessions are no problem, but there are a few things that a driving me a bit crazy. 1) when I export a file to photoshop and convert it...
  10. S

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Bits of Americana with a Holga
  11. S

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Wow, some great photos here, so glad that this thread is alive!