The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sergio lovisolo

1. S

Any suggestions on good adapter for M lenses to E mount

Techart PRO Leica M ? Sony E Autofocus Adapter ? TECHART Adapters https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/62958-a7r-iii-a7r-ii-a7s-af-accuracy-speed-third-party-lenses.html see post #5-works well with A7R3 too. review: https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-techart-pro-leica-m-sony-e-autofocus-adapter/
  2. dsc3062s

dsc3062s

summilux r 80 @1,4
  3. S

Would you buy a GM lens?

Better than that. You get 1,4 also in crop modes, as you are not using a teleconverter...(depth of field only will increase)
  4. S

Two different views on the Leica SL

Could you please go more in details of this? Thanks
  5. A7R summilux r 80

A7R summilux r 80

6. S

My dealer lent me the SL with 24-90 and Sony A7Rii for a pair of days. I have 17 M/R lenses, and 1 Sony FE 55 1,8 The SL went back, and I kept the Sony. (complete study of the manual required ) The LESS relevant reasons were: Steady Shot, which is simply amazing: Apo Telyt R 180 can be easily...
  7. S

Here's a question for those who shoot with the A7R-II … can a custom button be set to toggle IBIS on/off? (Mark asked) Yes, you can assign Steady Shot to custom button you prefer Sergio
  8. S

APO Summicron 75/2 (for Sony FE mount)

Take a look to MTF of macro elmarit r 60 and apo macro elmarit r 100. The 60 is very underrated and cheap, but should be perfect for your needs. The 100 is fantastic, but a bit exepensive, but less than the 75. I have both, and also your same needs. Sergio
  9. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

"better sensor " is a generic definition. The statement is valid for better dynamic range, better iso, better color in general, etc. but not always for resolution, as shown in the preceding reply. If the energy sent by the lens to the sensor is zero at the native resolution of the "better...
  10. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

in photo 1 you'll see a test pattern, prepared following instructions provided by Norman Coren, creator of Imatest, the program used by professionals to test lenses. photo 2 is a 100% crop of center, showing performance of the elmarit 28-2,8 II full open. Strong aliasing is visible, centered...
  11. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

The second part is (nearly) correct, the first is not. The correlation between the two concepts is an inadequate simplification of the effects of the interaction between an analog generator (the lens) and an analog to digital converter (the sensor and correlated electronics)
  12. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

K-H wrote: "Let's assume a sensor can resolve 100 line pairs per mm (lppm). Let's also assume the first lens can resolve 100 lppm. Now if one uses another lens with 200 lppm on that sensor with 100 lppm resolution one doesn't get a better image. Is that correct?" Not exactly. You must consider...
  13. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

K-H, the reply to your question, to avoid to be generic, is neither simple nor short, and requires to cite Nyqvist's theorem, spatial frequency etc. In practice, let's put the thing this way, if you agree. A sensor has a resolution that is strictly related the number of pixels in a defined...
  14. S

Sony FE 16-35/f4

I did. Clearly, both are better, for color transparency, contrast, corner sharpness and, obviously they are 2,8. In particular, as you know having it, the 28 from full open eoutresolves the sensor of the a7r on a large part of the image,and, at F8, generates moirè till extreme...
  15. S

The Sony A7II

I can add tele elmar 135 with lens and adapter at closest focus distance. No vignetting.