The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sirimiri

1. S

Contax 645 35mm Lens on GFX 50S ll

Try the Contax Makro-Planar 120, you don't be disappointed. The manual focus helicoid is a boon, in this focus-by-wire age.
  2. S

Why is the Leica SL 24-70 selling for such LOW prices new

^What Peter said...it's a Sigma lens. Not that there's anything wrong with Sigma, they make some good lenses! But some people really like Leica lenses on their Leica bodies. The top is Sigma's block diagram, from their site. The bottom, Leica.
  3. S

Issue with GF 120mm Macro?

Your lens is telegraphing its sharpness. What you see is color moire at the plane of focus, brought about the the tiny patterns in the plastic caps, against the resolution and sensor array itself. https://www.imatest.com/solutions/moire/ You can probably recreate a similar outcome shooting a...
  4. S

Long lenses for the leica s

The Zeiss 350 is indeed heavy, there's no way around it. It has great color and sharpness. I don't think you can mount a Maimya 645AF lens to a Maimya M645 bayonet. I'm going from memory here, but the 645AF mount has a pin or obstruction to prevent it from being mounted to M645 bodies...
  5. S

Consensus on Adobe Creative Cloud?

While I'm sure the CC model has its virtues, of the vices as I see them, is that if you stop paying you can't use your previous proprietary files you may have invested many, many hours in. It seems manifestly tilted to Adobe's favor. It's been a few years and I'm still really bothered by them...
  6. S

Who do you like for metal prints?

Consider AdoramaPix. It's pretty good quality with some diversity of output shapes and sizes. They have beefed up their shipping boxes and packing so prints generally arrive undamaged now. They also respond quickly to customer service inquiries.
  7. S

Fishing problem when viewing images stored at Flickr

Clicking on external links from within GetDPI still summons "attack page" intercepts in Mozilla. :(
  8. S

$3,500.00! FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS

I'm getting the same "attack page" notices.
  9. S

List of lenses for MF DSLRs

Those are no longer manufactured, though. He wants to list currently-available lenses.
  10. S

New Sony lens mockups. No thanks.

Just because the mirror box, reflex mirror, sub-mirror and pentaprism go away, doesn't mean that Canon has to abandon EF mount bodies. I have often said that it doesn't matter what's between the lensmount and sensor, the only thing we are ultimately talking about is flange-to-film distance and...
  11. S

How to adapt the Canon 17mm TS-E to the Pentax 645Z?

Something doesn't look right with that image; moreover, as you state your lens would be purely a tilt objective, give that the shift mechanism of the 17mm TS-E has been "removed". ...if the photo is to be believed. In looking at the 17mm, the rear element is located around the midpoint of the...
  12. S

Otus 85mm, everything is wrong

The 55 I couldn't care less about. But this 85 is very (very) interesting...
  13. S

Uwe Steinmuller has passed away

Uwe was one of those guys, that when he posted, upon reading it for the first time time I thought to myself "here's a guy that cares about image making and also clearly enjoys all aspects of it, including the simple or complex banter." I send my regards and condolences to his family and friends...
  14. S

Focus Point Setup on A7R

^that's pretty much it. The only thing I would amend is which menu choices they are: Menu -> (gear setting/pictogram, then sub-menu no. 6 at far right) Custom Key Settings (top choice) -> scroll from (1) to (2), at (2) the top choice is "Center Button" -> set that to "Standard" ...and you are...
  15. S

The "Old" B&S is now back by popular demand!

Abbiamo capito! (that's third person plural response to a second-person address, but you get the idea!)