The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Slixtiesix

1. S

Can you recommend a Hassy MF body/Lens to work with Hasselblad CFVii Back

I would also recommend the 555ELD, which I have myself. It is great for portraits as the built-in winder allows fast and continuous shooting.
  2. S

Question about using Hasselblad F/FE lenses with a digital back

The photos in this thread truly show what this lens is still capable of. Beautiful rendering!
  3. S

Most certainly, as this was the year the 2000 system appeared on the market.
  4. S

There are five generations of the 110/2 Planar for Hasselblad. There is a version for Rollei 6000 too. The Hasselblad generations are as follows. Gen. 1-3 are F-Lenses without electric contacts. Gen. 4 was the first to have electric contacts, introduced in the early 90s. Gen. 5 was introduced in...
  5. S

A friend of mine has 3 versions of the 110/2 Planar (2nd, 4th and 5th generation) and we did an extensive test some years ago, adapting them to a D800, using my trusted 4 Series Gitzo, and mirror pre-release. We were surprised that the 2nd and 5th generation were of identical quality, with the...
  6. S

Just for Fun: MF cameras in Movies and Commercials

Thanks for sharing, I really liked it! Great idea for a thread btw. Certainly not as classy as the above, but a Hasselblad played a prominent role during the intro of Thunder in Paradise III as well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNVOhVIAe4
  7. S

Hasselblad Flextight X5 to MFD Scanning?

Please tell me more about that! Does it also account for 6x6?
  8. S

Favorite Hasselblad V-series body

My favorite body from the 500 series is the 555ELD, which I own as well. In my opinion this is one of the best Hasselblad bodies because of the electronic connection between back and camera (which Erik already talked about), because you can use an infrared remote release and because it has...
  9. S

Anyone shooting Medium Format Film

For portraits, I would rather recommend a TLR or SLR, but no rangefinder like the Mamiya 7. An RB67 or RZ67 does not cost much these days.
  10. S

Hasselblad Teaser

Re-introduction of the V-system would be nice. The date would fit too, since it´s almost exactly 3 years now that they abandoned it. I still hope they have not scrapped the machinery for producing V-system cameras yet. Remember, Rollei was able to rise from the ashes several times because they...
  11. S

Hasselblad 150 f/4 CF vs Mamiya AF 150 f/3.5

Like Jerufo I would recommend the F 150/2,8 over the 150/4 Sonnar. It is not even expensive these days and has beautiful bokeh. You could also adapt the Jena Sonnar 180/2,8, which has about the smoothest oof rendering possible.
  12. S

Trying out CFV50c, lens questions...

Pascal, what a vast test! Did you use CA-reduction on these?
  13. S

New MFDB Company Survey

Great to hear someone is working on a square sensor. May you have great success, so I could buy one some day!
  14. S

Hasselblad CF 50mm vs. CFi 50mm lens?

Erik, thank you so much for this detailed test! You did a great service not only to me but to all users of the V-system I think. I´ve never seen something like that anywhere else on the net, at least for the closest focussing distance.
  15. S

Hasselblad CF 50mm vs. CFi 50mm lens?

That´s very kind Erik, much appreciated