The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by soboyle

1. S

Dedicated Monochrome Cameras

I've seen it argued here that removing the color filter array can cause some effective loss of dynamic range because the color channels are no longer available for highlight recovery. I wondered if those who have these converted cameras can comment, if this is something they are seeing in real...
  2. S

Repair of a non-USA A7R2

I have a Sony A7r2 which recently went to Antarctica with me. I'm getting the error message "This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used. Please verify the compatibility with the device". What I'm reading about this error is that it is related to the hotshoe contacts...
  3. S

Sony 24-70 F2.8 GM Tests

This thread seems long dead, but thought I would add that I have been through 4 copies of this lens trying to find a copy that is reasonably sharp at the frame edges. Sharpness is good in the center 1/2 of the frame, but the 1/4 frame on each side sharpness falloff, not usable in my opinion...
  4. S

35mm B&W film for sale

I have 34 rolls of 35mm B&W film for sale, a mix of C41 and traditional B&W films, TMax 100, T400CN, Ilford XP2 Super 400, most is out of date but has been stored in cool dry area. $110 including shipping in conus.
  5. S

Sony 24-70 F2.8 GM Tests

Have been considering this lens, disappointing to read all the flawed copies folks are getting after paying +$2K. Wondering how folks here are testing for decentering to confirm a good copy. I do remember using a method recommended on a Lensrentals blog post - white circles on a black...
  6. S

Leica M4 w/50 Summicron f/2 Rigid, lens shade, uv, leather case

Either I've over estimated the value of the M4 and 50 rigid (type 2) and accessories, or no one want film gear anymore. Any fair offers on this Leica package with film?
  7. S

Price dropped on this kit to $1600, and I will throw in over 30 rolls of B&W film with the deal. More photos of camera and lens linked here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uqhgj5ecwcvgbvu/AAA9IKPRW2oRVBCyKqbT0heCa?dl=0
  8. S

Selling my Leica M4 kit, I bought together and would like to sell it that way. Includes M4, 50 Summicron f/2 Rigid, Leica lens shade, Leica UV filter, and Leica leather case. The M4 was CLA'd and shutter brake replaced by Youxin Ye in mid-2015, and the camera has only shot 3-4 rolls since then...
  9. S

Nearly 100 rolls of 35mm film

Sold.
  10. S

Nearly 100 rolls of 35mm film

I have close to 100 rolls of color film for sale, a mix of Fuji Provia 100, Supra 100, Reala 100, Kodak Kodachrome 200, Porta 160, Ektachrome 200. All dated film but was stored in a dark cool dry place, so film should be fine for shooting. Make an offer to me at oboylephoto at gmail.com if...
  11. S

Camera pouch for Ricoh GR WITH external viewfinder

Looks like the ticket, Thanks. Any recommendations with zipper instead of velcro, which can be too noisy at times.
  12. S

Camera pouch for Ricoh GR WITH external viewfinder

Anyone find a good fitting waist belt pouch for their Ricoh GR with external viewfinder attached? I have several that fit it nicely without viewfinder, but I use the viewfinder frequently.
  13. S

FS: Leica M4

A hard decision to part with this, but it's not getting used and other things need to be paid for. I bought this M4 from the original owner last summer, I had it CLA'd and the shutter brake was replaced less than a year ago by Youxin Yee. Only a couple rolls of film have been run through the...
  14. S

A7r and A7rII image quality comparison

Thanks Vivek. Amazing amazing experiences in Antarctica. Can't say enough good things about the NSF's artists and writers program. If interested I have over 50 blog posts from my trip. www.popantarctica.wordpress.com/