The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sonomichele

1. sonomichele

Searching for a shirt-pocket camera with RAW capture capability

Glad you found something that works for you. If you are willing to forego a zoom lens - the Ricoh GRD III is well loved by many and fits your other criteria (although I'm not sure about the hood). With zoom the Canon S95 is often touted as the best in shirt pocket cameras. But if you are good...
  2. sonomichele

Dirty lens

Dust or dirt? Damn I'm disappointed. I thought it was a UFO invasion. You could probably sell those pictures to the National Enquirer or something equivalent. Michael
  3. sonomichele

Special Announcement : Cindy Flood is new moderator

Is it congrats or condolences? Never sure.... Michael
  4. sonomichele

LX-5 first impressions (adding to Vincent's review)

So if the light is good, you really don't miss your GF1? I've always been curious, some people say the difference is dramatic, others say you really can't tell except in low light or really large prints. I was just curious.
  5. sonomichele

What do you do for living?

Somehow this group does not quite seem representative of the population at large.
  6. sonomichele

What do you do for living?

Scientist and Professor. Started doing photography with a Ricohflex TLR and then got my first SLR (Minolta SRT101) in high school where I did photography for the newspaper and yearbook. My time behind a camera got quieter while raising kids, getting tenure, and trying to perpetually write...
  7. sonomichele

Pana LX5 will be announced on July 21

I think the only really good jeans pocket camera is probably the S90. The others are just that little bit larger. But the LX5 is much as I expected. There really aren't any technological miracles that have occurred over the past 2 years that warrant some totally new miracle camera. But they...
  8. sonomichele

New compact micro 4/3!!!

I just don't buy the rumor, it doesn't really make sense. First, how can they make a 3x zoom with reasonable speed that is significantly smaller than the current m4/3 kit zooms. Perhaps a bit smaller, but not significantly. And if it wasn't significantly smaller, what would be the point and why...
  9. sonomichele

Anyone still shooting with the LC1?

The original Digilux 2 was about $1800 in the US, and that was in 2004 dollars.
  10. sonomichele

LX3 images.

Please accept our sincere condolences! That is terrible news. But at least the price is coming down and they are available, think if that had happened last year.
  11. sonomichele

LX3 images.

Thanks gandolfi, My that is some serious blue. Did they add a blue setting to the menu with the 2.1 firmware??? I must have missed it.
  12. sonomichele

Comparison: Panasonic LX3, Canon S90 and Casio EX-FH100

Actually the LX3 is f/2 when wide but goes to f/2.8 when you zoom out fully.
  13. sonomichele

LX3 images.

The wildflowers are all abloom here in Texas. Thought you might enjoy some of the colors from a local abandoned cemetery.
  14. Texas Wildflowers 2010

Texas Wildflowers 2010

15. Texas Wildflowers 2010

Texas Wildflowers 2010