The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by stenrasmussen

1. S

Nikon 18-35 f/3.5-4.5 G

Thanks for showing the images. Seems like a good WA Zoomer - apart from the first and last pics which demonstrate quite strange distortion characteristics :D
  2. S

New Nikon D600 - D800 - D800E firmware

I have tested two D800 cameras today. One with the old and the other with the new firmware. There is absolutely no difference in LV rendering. Here's a video clip showing the two cameras aimed at the same object, using the same lens: Apr 4, 2013 11:10am | Facebook
  3. S

manual focusing screen for Nikon d3

Be aware the a split prism screen will mess up the spot metering on the D3. I know because I've tried screens from both Brightscreen and Canon (modified).
  4. S

D3s and non cpu lens question

Have you by any chance installed a split prism focusing screen? The reason I'm asking is that I have played with a couple of different ones and one of them threw the exposures severely off.
  5. S

Burzynski ballhead exploded view

Here's the link to the french dealer: http://www.photo-nature.fr/catalogue/index.asp?rubrique=2
  6. S

Nikon D3x, D3, D700 & D300S new firmware

I got the raw files as well and will post them asap. Also have shots made with AWB too. Had a quick look and the same goes for the 12800 and 25600 jpegs...no difference. There is a slight difference between the shots using AWB but I associate that with the change in colour temp and not with...
  7. S

Nikon D3x, D3, D700 & D300S new firmware

I see no improvement in high ISO noise characteristics before and after the FW upgrade on my D3.
  8. S

Which Nikon macro lens

Or, if you can find one, the Voigtländer SL Series I 125/2.5 APO-Lanthar. I searched for a long time and finally found one. Few other lenses can match this one on IQ, bokeh, contrast, lack of CA, etc. Drawback is it's manual focus only.
  9. S

Brightscreen for D700

I got the Brightscreen for my D3 and it sucks. Now got a modified Canon EC-B installed which works much better. Spot metering still affected but useabel. The matte area is much better than Nikon's - images pop into focus.
  10. S

D3 - split prism focussing screen installed

Here's an illustration of what must be removed.
  11. S

Bob, it took me about half an hour to modify it. Piece of self adhesive 240 grit sandpaper stuck to a flat surface. The Canon screen is ca. 0.8mm wider than the D3's. On both of the short sides there is also a "knob". I started by sanding off about 0.4mm on each side. After sanding there is...
  12. S

Hi, I am a lurker that finally registered and this is my first posting here. Anyways, I just like to open my postings here by telling you I got the Canon EB-C, modified it slightly, installed it - and it works really well! Metering seems to be as before. The screen is very bright btw.