The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by stevem_nj

1. S

Phaseone Hasselblad digital back

Thanks to all -- I ended up - - installing a new PCI 1394 firewire card/port -- into the desktop pc. it has power - and i re-set a number of options on the control panel for the new port. now it is recognized and the version of "Capture One" accepts the images from the firewire as i trigger...
  2. S

PhaseOne H5 back - needs magic spell?

Thanks to all -- I ended up - - installing a new PCI 1394 firewire card/port -- into the desktop pc. it has power - and i re-set a number of options on the control panel for the new port. now it is recognized and the version of "Capture One" accepts the images from the firewire as i trigger...
  3. S

Re: Phaseone Hasselblad digital back - DARK so far. mounted on camera, plugged in to lens "C" port, 6pin firewire end plugged into the DBack, other end was in a live/running/plugged in laptop, DBack is still dark and silent. image here just to make me feel better, that i can get an image from...
  4. S

yes i know it must be connected - - it has no battery and no memory card. yes plugged the (new) firewire 6pin cable into the DBack, other end into the laptop (laptop is plugged into wall outlet power not battery power) - DBack is dark, no lights at all and plug in unplug plug in - no beeps...
  5. S

yes - - 6pin on camera back goes to the mini on the other end int the PC laptop - is that wrong ? (is the mini side missing power ports?) (PhaseOne back never lights up)
  6. S

is there a button or switch on the Back that is controlling this setting - - i look at it and have seen no buttons/switches except the blue button on the side that releases the back from the camera body and an unmarked rectangle button that is flush and pushes downward into the back. I read the...
  7. S

PhaseOne H5 back - needs magic spell?

I'm starting this new thread, copied from my post in the ForSale thread, since I can use your help and if my question was left in the For Sale threads, few may see it. Ok -magic words anyone? Anyone have the magic wand to wave and know the magic words to use the h5 back? I have yet to see it...
  8. S

Ok -magic words anyone? Anyone have the magic wand to wave and know the magic words to use the h5 back? I have yet to see it light up, or be recognized by 2 different PCs. I received the back, attached it to a hassy500, plugged the short lead wire from the lens flash pc to the "C" port on the...
  9. S

I'll be interested -- will PM and give/get details
  10. S

Smith Rock Panorama

Nicely done, Can you inform us as to the technical specs, (camera,lens,times, etc.etc.) Thanks
  11. S

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Too rich for my hobby to play along, i'm just glad to view from a distance, fantastic results. (even just looking at web images you can imagine, they are nice) Thanks.
  12. S

Selfmade AFD with waistlevelfinder

Interesting. Esplain some of the technical bits and pieces. Thanks.
  13. S

Are you still shooting 35mm film?

I never fell into the "film vs. digital" debate Using one, never excluded the other. Since it is a hobby for me, I enjoy both, because they are different. (and i usually have both with me any time I go out to shoot/play.) Software is my "day-job", long days at numerous computer monitors...
  14. S

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

I vist this site and read/study/try to learn. (most days - quietly) All -- thank you for posting your work - nicely done. (back to being quiet).
  15. S

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

nice images - (too bad it seems that we have a 3-way tie for 3rd place, pink-slips for everyone)