The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by tashley

1. tashley

M11 Images

No.
  2. tashley

Lens Design Revolution?

From personal experience I can tell you that that's true.... :ROTFL:
  3. tashley

IQ4 recording at wrong image format, 14 bit instead of 16 bit EX

Am I the only one who somewhat loses the will to live when reading this list? I’d quite like to concentrate on the creative process and the usual technical challenges without having to remember that the back only does colour images when set to IQ23LS mode provided that it’s not a Tuesday unless...
  4. tashley

IQ4 recording at wrong image format, 14 bit instead of 16 bit EX

Totally right. I’m going to look into the new Sony.
  5. tashley

The great tripod & head thread!

Has anyone tried Phase’s new frame averaging feature? I’m playing with it and finding that, because it takes a lot of frames over a long period (I’ve been doing 240 exposures over 2 minutes but it can be a lot more or fewer) and I’ve found that yet again, I need a better tripod. I’m mainly using...
  6. tashley

Phase One IQ4 - Feature Update 1

Thanks all. I eventually managed a de-brick and update and all now works. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now time to go play!
  7. tashley

That's what I was doing- it showed the level only, not the frame averaging symbol. It's all academic now because I thought I'd do a firmware factory reset (with a fresh battery....) as a precursor to reinstalling feature set 4 and then the 5.00.20 but the back is now totally bricked. I wanted...
  8. tashley

I think I'm being thick but I cannot get this to work: I have installed FW 5.00.20 and then put the back onto my Alpa TC, set it to use ES, gone to live view and set the shot parameters and can't see the options for frame averaging when I swipe in from the right. There must be a good reason for...
  9. tashley

Advice on new 24" printer

Visitors to my studio might see it ;-)
  10. tashley

I had thought of it but here in the UK the bottleneck is not 'who can print large' but 'how do I get a print that size mounted and framed the way I like? Because the people who do the mounting and framing the way I like won't do it on prints they didn't make. So for me, the 24' printer is...
  11. tashley

???
  12. tashley

I've always avoided Epson printers because of the ink change rigmarole when switching from glass to matt papers, which I do a lot... doesn't it irritate you?
  13. tashley

Thanks Doug - I really liked my Z3200 and that's a tempting idea. Also the Canon 2000 sounds pretty good.
  14. tashley

My venerable (actually I'm being nice, it has always been a bit of a PITA) Canon iPF6300 shows signs of multiple organ failure. I had an HP Z3200 before that - loved its self profiling and self-maintenance regimes. I mainly print for proofing and personal use, because for fine art sales...
  15. tashley

Thoughts on Schnedier 35XL vs Rodenstock 40HR on iq4 150.

I think you might have misread me Wayne; I’m a proponent of using LOW dpi monitors to judge sharpness, ideally with a dpi that matches your output resolution. People in the thread refer to “hd displays” as if that term means one thing, whereas it means another. It refers to a specific number of...