The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ThomasZ

1. ThomasZ

Dear Santa (Sony 2014 edition)

Dear Santa, 1) Please make the new 16-35 F4 a sharp lens. Please! 2) Please let Sony release a new version of the 24-70 without that little corner problem. 3) Please let Sony find a solution for the annoying shutter shock in my A7r. 4) Please let Zeiss release a really good 20mm Loxia.
  2. ThomasZ

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Two from the Italian Alpes, from the top of the Mt. Pordoi. Shot with the A7r and the 24-70 F4.
  3. ThomasZ

Zeiss Loxia vid.

Both lenses are so nice. If they had decided to make a 24 and a 85, they would sell like hot cakes. But so ...
  4. ThomasZ

Now we're talking. Announced FE mounts

I visited the Photokina today, and of course, my first target was the Sony booth. I have to admit I was very skeptical about the new 16-35 F4. From the pictures, I thought it would be a big lens. In reality, I found it a nice, small(!) lens. It really matches the size of the A7. In comparison...
  5. ThomasZ

Now we're talking. Announced FE mounts

Back to the 35/1.4 - why does it have an aperture ring? Or the better question: why doesn't the other lenses have one?
  6. ThomasZ

Zeiss FE Mount Manual Lens Rumors

Unfortunately, I think you are right. But hope dies last.
  7. ThomasZ

I don't understand what you want to say. I tried to say that R lenses are extremely pricey for many years old, used lenses. Leica M stuff is expensive too, but at least you get new gear for your money.
  8. ThomasZ

I have not given up yet. Maybe those prototype lenses are not as good as the final ones. Maybe the photographer of these sample images was the secretary of the boss whose photographic experience was her iPhone until now. I had so many hopes in those Zeiss lenses. I am so sick of these autofocus...
  9. ThomasZ

The last time I trusted a camera/lens maker, I ended with the Zeiss-labeled Sony 24-70 F4, the mother of distortion. From that point on, I decided to never buy a lens without checking some extensive tests and reviews prior to buying. But of course you could be right, Zeiss is not Sony. They...
  10. ThomasZ

I just looked at the 6000x4000 sample for the 35/2 and was shocked. How on earth can they upload such an unsharp image as a sample for a high quality 1200$ lens??? The Sony 35/2.8 will beat that thing easily, along with a lot of legacy lenses. I can only hope that the photographer made same...
  11. ThomasZ

Does anybody have an explanation why they selected the 35 and 50mm focal length? That seems to be the most stupid business decision ever. The FE lens lineup is full of giant holes, but Zeiss decided to build exactly the two lenses that already exist as native FE primes. I don't get it.
  12. ThomasZ

Mid range Zooms for D*xx - you get what you pay for

And I thought I am the only one who likes this lens. I own it since the D700 days and never thought about selling it. In fact, I'm using it on the A7r, since it is AF-D lens with an aperture ring.
  13. ThomasZ

DXO D810

Not long ago I was pixel-obsessed like the most of us. Until I had a real eye-opener: I was on vacation with the family and I did not took one of my two 36mp monsters with me, instead I grabbed the Fuji XE-2 with the kit lens and the 10-24, a really amazing small package. I did not really expect...
  14. ThomasZ

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Thanks for your kind words, Jim and Philip :)
  15. ThomasZ

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

One of my latest attempts to return to b&w, after years of too much colors. Fuji XE-2 with 10-24 lens at 10mm. West coast of Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.