The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Tony C.

1. T

Harriet (X-E1)

A cropped portrait of my friend Harriet from Savannah. (X-E1 w/ Fuji 35 1.4) Cheers, Tony C.
  2. T

X-E1 firmware updates

Just in case some owners aren't aware, there are firmware updates available for both the X-E1 body and 35mm lens. I have uploaded both, and am very happy with the autofocus improvements. Noticeably faster, and far less hunting, especially in low light and/or subjects on an angle. Well done, Fuji.
  3. T

X-E1 in NZ

I've just returned from three day tramp (hike) in Arthur's Pass (near Christchurch), one of literally countless, fantastic trails to be found in this exceptional country. I am in very good shape, but it was a challenging route for my level of experience, and luckily I had an excellent and...
  4. T

BLACK Olympus OM-D / 45mm 1.8 / 75mm 1.8

The whole package has been sold. Thank you Jason!
  5. T

BLACK Olympus OM-D / 45mm 1.8 / 75mm 1.8

I have owned this camera and the two lenses since late August, and used them sparingly while traveling in Europe. They all work perfectly, and are in mint condition. OM-D body $850.00 SOLD 45mm 1.8 $300.00 SOLD 75mm 1.8 $800.00 SOLD HLD-6 grip $100.00 SOLD Shipping method to be...
  6. T

Alternative lens hood for Oly 75mm 1.8

Having been repelled by both the price and size of the "official" Olympus lens hood for their (superb) new 75mm 1.8 lens, I stopped at B&H today, picked up a (58mm) B&W rubber hood, and am delighted with it. First, it cost $18.95 (vs. $74.95). It is fully collapsable, and therefore adds only a...
  7. T

Fuji X-100 samples...

Of the early sample shots that I've seen, the ones shown on this Japanese blog caught my eye. The tones look quite good... X100 samples
  8. T

SOLD: Ricoh GRD-III

Re: Ricoh GRD-III Now sold. Thanks for looking.
  9. T

SOLD: Ricoh GRD-III

I purchased this GRD-III kit from Popflash in late August, and have used it only sparingly since. It is in fine condition (no flaws that I am aware of), and functions perfectly. It is a sensational camera, with the best user interface of any digital camera that I have ever used. I am selling...
  10. T

GR-DIII users your impressions?

I am not as experienced or sophisticated as many users of the forum, but I am absolutely amazed at the brilliance of design employed by Ricoh on the GRD-III. I never owned the previous version, so I can only compare it to other digital cameras that I have owned (including Canon and Nikon DSLRs...
  11. T

High Humidity & The M8.2

I taped over the M8 with electrical tape while I owned mine, and when I took it off before selling it, the white paint had smudged and degraded. It does seem to me that a more robust lacquer could be used...
  12. T

Ricoh GRD III -- WOW!!!

I'm not suggesting, nor is anyone else, as far as I know, that the GRD III produces significantly better images than the II or Dlux. It does, however, apparently move the II design forward in some practical respects. The comparison with the Dlux is less apt, I'd say, given how much more compact...
  13. T

Ricoh GRD III -- WOW!!!

If you want a glimpse of what the GRD III is capable of (both color and B&W), take a look at Hikari's blog: http://ricohgrd3.wordpress.com/
  14. T

SOLD: M8 plus accessories

Re: FS: M8 plus accessories Now sold.
  15. T

SOLD: M8 plus accessories

Re: FS: M8 plus accessories ***SALE PENDING***