The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Tullio

1. Tullio

$100 discount on Olympus 75mm lens

Great news. Enjoy your new lens!
  2. Tullio

OK, good luck!
  3. Tullio

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Ditto.
  4. Tullio

Personally, I wouldn't trust.
  5. Tullio

Which (mount) MF lenses to get for m43?

I quite like those lenses as well. They are tiny, very sharp and for some reason, they make MF very easy as you can clearly see when the image is on focus. Add to that the fact that they are fast and cheap and you've got winners. I also like the Canon FD lenses, particularly the 50mm f1.4 and...
  6. Tullio

another travel question...

I face a similar dilemma every time I go on long trips. Not only I end up taking both the m4/3 and the Sony DSLR gears, I also take a 20x zoom P&S. Most of the time, my G3 and EPL1 do the job and the P&S gets a lot of use as well. The Alpha on the other hand, gets relegated to the hotel...it's...
  7. Tullio

Options for reach (tele)?

I suggest the Oly 4/3 70-300mm (with an adapter, which Rainbow imaging now offers for less than $60 shipped from NY). It is not a "compact" or "small" lens but it's sharp. The only problem is, it does not have IS, so if your camera is a Panasonic, shooting at 300mm handheld becomes a bit tricky...
  8. Tullio

M42 to M4/3 adapter with tripod socket?

Good decision! Besides, your most likely your 14-45 will outperform your MF lenses anyway.
  9. Tullio

I very much doubt any light will leak through. Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.
  10. Tullio

I don't have any pictures to show you but they are the three small pieces that are supposed to secure the adapter onto the camera body. They are about an inch each. They are also on the other side of the adapter where the lens goes to. They are spaced evenly between each other.
  11. Tullio

I think the problem is that the adapter is not mounting on the camera properly. As you mentioned, it doesn't click, so the camera does not think that there is a lens mounted. I bet if you remove the adapter and mount the body cap (I don't think the body cap clicks like a lens does) and turn the...
  12. Tullio

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Yosemite on a foggy and wet day. G1 + 45-200mm
  13. Tullio

Fun with Panasonic G3

Taken in Southern CA, close to San Luis Obispo. G3 w/ Summilux 25mm and Zuiko 40-150mm.
  14. Tullio

New Olympus 75-300 f4.8-6.7

That's one slow lens.
  15. Tullio

G2 flash not firing when it's supposed to?

I believe you have to set the flash to "forced flash" in order to get it fired up regardless the light condition. If it's set to Auto, then the camera will determine whether it should be fired or not despite the fact that you have it opened.