The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by tylerallenmohr

1. T

FS: Black Leica Summicron f/2 (11673)

Bump... Would consider trade toward M10 Monochrom.
  2. T

FS: Mamiya RB67 Pro SD 6x7 120 Film Back (+box and paperwork)

I have a very clean copy. Would rate 9.5/10. Recently purchased used on Japan Ebay :confused: for close to $300. Higher than average to be sure, but was justified in my mind due to condition and inclusion of original box and papers. Turns out I don't have a use for it however and it should go to...
  3. T

WTB: Mamiya 50mm f/6.3

Looking for the Mamiya Press 50mm lens. Other press lenses too perhaps. Any sellers?
  4. T

LCC profile for film?

I haven't used the Schneider 72 SA XL in particular so I can't speak to its characteristics. But, I have experienced heavy color (blue) casting on film after long exposures. In my case this was remedied by upgrading my filter holder and filter set. Perhaps there are ways to better control the...
  5. T

SOLD: Alpagon 23 (copal)

Items sold. Thanks to all who inquired.
  6. T

Sorry if I was not clear. But YES, the center filter is part of the sale at the asking price. This lens benefits greatly from it so it would be a shame to split up.
  7. T

Film vs digitally optimized SK 43XL Digitar

This would make a difference on the 67/69 format!
  8. T

I think this is the explanation that's closest to what I've been able to discern. Taking into account the presence (or lack) of a sensor filter with digital vs a film plane 🙌 This is the clearest explanation of the situation and it makes more sense now.
  9. T

After a phone call with Jeff at Fotocare it appears the lens in question is something of a one-off. A modified version of a regular 43XL that has one if the internal groups slightly adjusted to Perform better on a ‘curved’ film plane. Believe me, I’m still a bit stumped but he stands by his...
  10. T

Bump Available at $6800 now.
  11. T

I should reiterate that the information I received is coming from Fotocare in New York City. An authorized Alpa dealer and one that has only delivered wonderful service to me in the past. But the collective guidance and wisdom of this community is one I have a lot of trust in. I’ve come to...
  12. T

Here are the 2 messages in the thread that have me confused. I will certainly have a call directly with the dealer during business hours later on, but in the meantime I'm just left scratching my head.
  13. T

My apologies if this has been covered previously (I couldn't find older threads on the topic) I recently called Fofocare in NYC to ask Jeff if they had any Digitar XL lenses in Alpa mount available. He informed me that they have the 43XL and that it is the 'film optimized' version. When I asked...
  14. T

PM sent