The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Udo

1. U

Need help investing into the Hasselblad system.

No idea about the possibility of counter reset during service. But yes, you can retrieve the actuation number for body and attached lens by the following steps: 1) Press MENU on the grip 2) Turn the front scroll wheel until Settings appears 3) Press ENTER 4) Turn the front scroll wheel to...
  2. U

Need help investing into the Hasselblad system.

Those H-Bodies don't have any shutter, so nothing to worry about... okay there is the mirror mechanism, but I have never experienced any problem here since I started to use H-bodies since their introduction. If you have a look at ProCentre in London, you'll find S/H cameras and lenses with 90000...
  3. U

Hassy CFV50 vs CFV50-C

The CCD version has a bigger sensor area with 37mm x 49mm and should be used with lower ISO settings, i.e. <=ISO200 in order to keep noise in acceptable ranges. It is the same sensor which has been used in the H4D-50 and H5D-50 and is a good choice if it should be used on a tech/view camera as...
  4. U

Looking for a 24-28 prime.

Did you check/consider the Zeiss Distagon ZF 25mm f/2 ? It is definitely worth to try with very low CA, moderate distortion and moderate size. Regards, Udo
  5. U

Perspective control lens for S system

Hasselblad HTS1.5 with HC(D) prime lenses from (24...100)mm. Regards, Udo
  6. U

D850

The design of this plate has changed compared to the RRS L-Plate/Bracket for e.g. D800. While this came as a single piece the new L-Plate for the D850 comes in two pieces. The perpendicular part/arm slides in the bottom plate and can be fixed by an additional screw (allen key fixed by magnet in...
  7. U

D850

Congratulations Doug and have fun. Regards, Udo
  8. U

Is the Nikon R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System compatible with H5D?

Dave, if you plan to use it in TTL mode, it will not work. Nikon's iTTL protocol and electronics is not compatible to the H5D although it will work with the X1D. The R1C1 can only be operated/triggered via center contact in the camera's hotshoe or additional sync cord. The other contacts of the...
  9. U

C1 Pro generated JPGs from S2 DNG files do not open properly in Photoshop

Thanks very much for this hint. This works well for the latest Photoshop version, but unfortunately not for older versions like CS3 and CS5. And it doesn't work in Photoshop Elements v15... At least I cannot find the proper menus to change settings. And it isn't related to converted Leica S2...
  10. U

Lee Filter Adapter Ring on Wine Country Filter Holder

Unfortunately the whole system is limited to 86mm as already mentioned, most likely the compromise to keep it as compact as possible. The LEE adapter rings do not fit. The WCC adapter rings are more like disks. Although limited in size the WCC system with its internal polarizing filters and...
  11. U

C1 Pro generated JPGs from S2 DNG files do not open properly in Photoshop

Hi all, I do face the following issue with JPG and TIFF files being exported from Leica S2 DNG files in C1 Pro v9 and v10. They are not seen/recognized in Photoshop (older and latest versions) as JPGs or TIFFs but as DNGs and as such are opened via ACR. This does not happen in other software...
  12. U

Leave Leica SL for D850

I am in the same boat here. A Nikon D5 is my 'go-to' camera with a similar resolution as the SL. But I have to admit to prefer the look of a (36-to-21) Mpix or (45-to-21) Mpix down sampled capture in some situations. And with the added D5-features the D850 is a very well featured/balanced...
  13. U

H5D-50c WiFi

Can't believe that, I am using it with an iPhone4 and a 7 year old iPad without any issues. Regards, Udo
  14. U

Looking for a 95mm UV-filter with 100mm outer diameter for my HCD35-90

The combination you mentioned starts to vignette for focal lengths <=38mm if two filters are being used.
  15. U

Hasselblad CF 50mm vs. CFi 50mm lens?

Not exactly on topic, but I compared the 50/4 CFi to the HC50-II on a H4D-50 a while back (real world captures, no scientific test charts here). Without any post processing the CFi capture showed more contrast, sharpness was on par with the H lens in the center and up to 2/3 of the image circle...