The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by uhoh7

1. U

Fun w/Digital M Images

So far, you are my favorite M10 shooter Ashwin :) Let them go by unoh7, M9 TE 90
  2. U

Where's Jono?

You are my favorite Leica representative, and I think I'm not alone. I do think the M10 should be either lighter, or have a black paint option, but when I was pursuing this, I ran into Esparzo's review of M9 Titan where the weight was claimed to be 330 grams. Ha! I thought. Jono, said it...
  3. U

Leica M10 coming on Thursday 1-19-17??

Of course it would not look like a nice M lens ;) Few used the video on M240, and it was not too good, but I'm no expert. I don't miss it on the M9. Even the iPhone shoots great video now, so one can pull out a phone. All that said, it is not rocket science to shoot 1080p with a small FF...
  4. U

There has never been a shortage of people asking this question, starting with the rise of SLR in the 1960s We will see any number of people telling us M10 is silly backward camera. Yet of all digital cameras from 2009, which is most valued today and still producing fantastic images? That...
  5. U

It's a great release :) Much nicer in use because of the footprint, OVF and shutter, and increased usable ISO from 1600 to 6400 over 240. No camera is perfect, still heavy and batteries not great, but all things considered they hit the ball out of the park. I never heard a M240 user admit to...
  6. U

Where's Jono?

Very Nice, Jono :) That they have managed to make ISO6400 like M240 ISO1600 is very substantial. And the ergos seem so nice. :) I hear the small FF L mount is actually in the works. Are they that smart?
  7. U

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ I just hand this thing over to whoever and coach them through the eye AF. Images such as this result. Chas by unoh7, Rx1rii
  8. U

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

Bridge to Fall by unoh7, Canon LTM 100/2
  9. U

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Fantastic, Seb :) Alien by unoh7, on Flickr
  10. U

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Reverie by unoh7, on Flickr
  11. U

Leica s Sensor Strategy ???

Basically for FF like M today there are three state of the art sensor flavors, not counting monochrome. 1) the 24 which we see in the M and A7ii and SL. Great all around. Not going to clog your machine and plenty rez for all but the hugest prints or smallest crops. 2) the 42ish, like A7rii. I...
  12. U

Leica S vs Sony RII

all those lenses will be better on the Leica SL or any M, but especially your 24, 35 and 50 Lux, which are really degraded on the A7, any flavor. Now if you do a sensor mod, like Kolari, they can shoot great on Sony bodies. That's 500USD to have it done. I don't think you can use M lenses at...
  13. U

Fun with the RX-1R II

Camera is growing on me, which is unfortunate because it is not mine :) We all know it's real good WO, but it's no slouch at F11 either: Plaque by unoh7, on Flickr
  14. U

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Crossing by unoh7, on Flickr
  15. U

Fun with the RX-1R II

I'm going to check out those great tips, thank you :) PDAF is only in AF-C, correct? DSC00704 by unoh7, on Flickr