The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by vickko

1. V

A few questions about the MATE

I had one, great travel lens, very good imaging, but, f4 speed was a concern. Not an issue for outside shots, but limiting for inside. Mostly compensated for with an M8/M9 because you could just dial up a faster ISO. The f4 was still a concern if you wanted narrow DOF for subject isolation...
  2. V

Milich WATE adapter on FF?

Yes, agree fully with Bob. I shot my WATE with the Milich adapter on film and got a really big vignetting surprise. I was using an MDa and thought the film gate was a lab special. Then I investigated the lens and I recall I used it on an M8 without any issues. Then I realized that the M8...
  3. V

Really Disappointed in Olympus Shift Lens on Leica M

Hmmm. Interesting thread. I lusted after the 24mm Zuiko shift for a while, and the urge passed. Glad I didn't do it. I have the 28mm Leica PC shift lens; haven't tried it on my M9 yet. Works fantastic on my R6.2 though, as expected.
  4. V

110mm and 150mm large format lenses for sale, looking for 135mm

LF lenses for sale: 150mm f5.6 APO Sironar-S, mint, ... $700 USD 110mm f5.6 Super Symmar XL, mint ... $1250 USD Would like to trade for a 135mm f5.6 APO Sironar-S (even trade with the 150mm, or "lens plus cash" to equalize for the Super Symmar). Please add 3% for Paypal, or send payment as a...
  5. V

LF lenses for sale:

LF lenses for sale: 150mm f5.6 APO Sironar-S, mint, $700 USD 110mm f5.6 Super Symmar XL, $1250 USD Would like to trade for a 135mm f5.6 APO Sironar-S (even trade with the 150mm, lens plus cash to equalize for the Super Symmar). Please add 3% for Paypal, or send payment as a money gift...
  6. V

WTB: Black Paint M bodies & Bessa III 667

Have you tried keh.com? They have a few black paint M4 cameras
  7. V

FS: Eight Hasselblad CF Lenses!! (More photos)

Wow, what amazing prices.
  8. V

WTB: M-Mount body in Canada

Oh, I just saw your $600 budget. That will be a challenge. Vick
  9. V

WTB: M-Mount body in Canada

I'm in Ottawa. First, I bet your M3 jammed because a felt light-trap strip has jammed into the shutter tape. Easy fix, takes me maybe a couple hours. Want me to repair it? Ship it overnight to me in Ottawa, and if that is what's wrong with it, I'll get it back to you before the weekend...
  10. V

WTB Leica R 19mm Version 2

Tamarkin has one, but $$$$ Lenses | Tamarkin Camera
  11. V

Leicaflex SL Foo

To match your 'flex fever, I have three bodies coming. And still learning lots from my "teaching cadaver". The "B" setting mostly doesn't work, unless I trick it, but most other functions work. And I got the shutter dial now, so that I don't have to use a pair of pliers to change the shutter...
  12. V

The Leicaflex SL2 restore is complete

Interesting to see this old thread. Wind it forward to 2013, and I have GAS for an SL2. Yes, prices have fallen, but still not a "petty cash" purchase. I suppose I just have a special place in my heart for this old classic.
  13. V

Positive Feedback

Great sale experience with Jeff Laitila. Great packing, fast shipping. regards Vick
  14. V

better Leica lens caps

Is it the steel or plastic 39mm slip-on cap? They are a pain, more cosmetic than useful. And if you have a filter on the lens, it comes off even easier. A 39mm snap cap is better. The snap cap will grab the filter threads and stay on. Good luck