The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by VICTOR BT

1. VICTOR BT

Very simple Alpa setup

hi, i use Linhof Master Technika (new), with 80mm and 6x9, much like "simple Alpa" set-up, only with RF coupling of the lens. 80mm S-Symmar XL is amazing, technically and aesthetically, one of the most beautiful renderings, and at 5.6 (it is 4.5), it is already great for 6x9 coverage. 1/3 click...
  2. VICTOR BT

Alpa as an analogue set-up

hi Jon, i use 80mm XL, and Super Rollex on Linhof MT classic. 80mm XL on Alpa will be the exact same lens obviously, and Alpa's 6x9 is actually Linhof. the lens is Superb, very sharp, field is flat, has more than enough room for movements for 6x9, and decent for 4x5", and very important -...
  3. VICTOR BT

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Nocturne, from LES FEMMES photo-poem. Rolleiflex, TMY-2, Dedolight, draft negative scan
  4. VICTOR BT

Hasselblad V1D concept camera

hi all, Perry Oosting says it is a concept, and they "want to hear what the market thinks"... I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE camera like that ! within reasonable price range (i suppose more than X1D, but not astronomically so), and technologic refinement (top quality EVF for example), and of course...
  5. VICTOR BT

If CCD rendering can be achieved with CMOS where are the examples?

with film, colour or black and white, one can use emulsions that on paper are very similar, like fuji acros 100 and kodak t-max 100, for example, or fuji 160 and kodak portra. conducting the print optically (darkroom), even when the photograph is done in controled light, there is still a...
  6. VICTOR BT

D. in the mirror, from LES FEMMES photo-poem, Rolleiflex FX, TMY-2, Dedolight
  7. VICTOR BT

the Beaming Sun, Primordial Light.
  8. VICTOR BT

Buying a Large format camera?

normal is the diagonal of the frame. 43 mm is normal on 35mm camera (24x36mm). 80 mm for 6x6 / 90 mm for 6x7 / 100 mm for 6x9. about 160 mm is normal on 4x5 inch camera. now u can find the ratio/equivalents for these. another important factor is that formats have different proportions, one is...
  9. VICTOR BT

macbook-pro retina for MF image processing ?!

hi all, thanks for the replies. looks like "trustable" for image processing and files almost ready for print if all is calibrated. actually, it sounds good. eizo is THE thing for printing indeed, but not mobile (for traveling etc).
  10. VICTOR BT

macbook-pro retina for MF image processing ?!

hi all, how trustable is the new retina screen on macboob pro for image processing - for printing especially ?
  11. VICTOR BT

thanks... all my art-projects in b/w are film, though what u see on the web mostly is just draft-scan.
  12. VICTOR BT

@ etrump, love this landscape very much